Author Topic: Agia Fotini to Plakias - Beware!  (Read 2151 times)

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
Agia Fotini to Plakias - Beware!
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »
Went exploring in Jeremy the Jimny yesterday and wound up in Agia Fotini, alovely little spot east of Plakias. We left and drove up the hill and came upon a sign post to Amoudi (3km). Turned left and the road gradually becomes a track and winds around to Prevelli. Rough but not too daunting. Leave Prevelli up the hill on another track and come to a junction. No signpost so we tossed a coin and turned right. (MISTAKE). The track went on for miles and miles and was in places extremely rough. We eventually ended up in a village with the only road (as opposed to track) out signposted Spili. Gave up and took it! Had we turned left all those miles ago we would have been happily enjoying a G&T about an hour earlier and in a considerably better frame of mind than we eventually were.
The wife has however forgiven me now.

fergus

Re: Agia Fotini to Plakias - Beware!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »
Time to invest in an international NAVMAN thingy. My wife bought me one for Christmas as we knew we were coming to Crete for our holiday. Me - 'Which way?' Her - 'I don't know' Me - ' But you've got the map' Her - 'Here. You have it' Me (trying to remain calm) - 'I'm driving. You're supposed to be the navigator' Her (trying to make a point) - 'TAKE THE F&%$£G MAP! I'M NEVER COMING OUT IN THE CAR AGAIN WITH YOU!'  All this is now in the past. Isn't technology wonderful?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:24:38 PM by Ploppy »

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
Sorry Fergus, despite working in IT I'm not into satnav. Give me a map every time. I've found too many places (including Agia Fotini) by accident that were absolutely lovely. Incidentally I do occasionally show posts to my grandson so a hold on swearing WOULD be appreciated please.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:24:34 PM »
Correct, you should have turned left. Think of the fun you had exploring though  :) .
Agia Fotini, Ligres to Triopetra are all beautiful as is the village of Saktouria.
What excitement lined up for tomorrow I wonder.