Author Topic: Have Olympic lost the plot  (Read 3051 times)

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
Have Olympic lost the plot
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »
Interesting email from Olympic today concerning our visit to Plakias in September, advised that the flight time from Manchester to Heraklion is amended and the return flight 2 weeks later will be from Chania. Contact customer services for queries or email flight changes, (email strongly recommended as they are experiencing a high volume of phone calls.) Checking the booking reference dates and times they all refer to last years holiday, does this mean they owe me compensation according to there booking conditions as the change is greater than 12 hours, (nearly 12 months). lol. 

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Have Olympic lost the plot
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »
Interesting - perhaps they have lost it- I've just booked for September and they've updated my loyalty points adding another £8- yippee!!
BUT my balance of loyalty points reads Minus - yes Minus £4.00 - figure that one out if you can!!!!
See you in Plakias - hopefully - PS - which email address do you use?

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:39:38 PM »
Spoke to Olympic today and the very helpful customer service ladies said that a new server was switched on yesterday and it decided to select some closed emails and re-send them. At least they did not have to pay postage.

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:46:22 AM »
Nice to know they are, at least, consistent.....we had our flights changed at one point but no-one told us....we flew out on the original flight only to be ticked off by the airport rep for being a 'no show' (which was a bit odd as we were standing right in front of her)....apparently another computer glitch. Will check my tickets carefully when they arrive especially if its by email !

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
I spoke to Olympic on the phone yesterday re. booking for 2016.

1. The Dora contract currently does not start until May 24th, although some of the properties are available from the 10th. This could change but no guarantees.

2. The Germania daytime flights from Gatwick start on May 24th. If you go before then they will book you Thomas Cook or AN Other but there will be no transfer. They can book this for you at a cost of £103 per journey (even though they would presumably put at least 3 people in it).

3. Going on May 24th would be £120 more than I paid in 2015 for a date that is less attractive to me even though the £ is much stronger against the €.

4. The website booking system is undergoing an upgrade and won't be available until the end of August.

So, with all the problems that the businesses in Plakias have to put up with, Olympic are shortening their season and aren't offering holidays when I and many of my friends of several years standing in Plakias like to go. The good news is that I have £8 in loyalty payment as a reward for 2 Olympic holidays pa for many years.

Mike

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
I put a comment on Olympic's Facebook page about their late start to holidays from Gatwick unless you want to pay for a taxi. I received the following reply.

For the last few years our own ''charter flight'' programme commenced mid -late May. We have always sold holidays that commence earlier in the month (or even in April) by using 3rd party party airlines (Easyjet/ Thomas Cook etc) and combining them with our own accommodation and coach/ taxi transfers. My advice would therefore be to book the holiday without the taxi transfers. By next May, there will be a shuttle bus/ transfer service available at a much lower cost than the taxi fare that you quote above. Any assistance, please call us on 0208 492 6868 and we will also quote the lowest possible cost.

I intend to follow this up with them.

Mike