Author Topic: Checking in?  (Read 5049 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Checking in?
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:55:30 AM »
This time last week I was there, I had another wonderful two weeks and enjoyed all the times in Kyma, Antonis Place, Harakas, Lyseos and especially my room at Stella Studios.
Two weeks without wind! One rainy hour, loads of food and beer!
Good supermarket service Alison,
Hope you're still enjoying it Dave and Les?
If anyone is still worrying about the Greek money problem then don't as in Plakias nothing has, in my opinion changed, if anything I thought it was a lot busier this time.
Happy hols to all there and waiting to go!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline StuartF

• View Profile
Re: Checking in?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »
  Thanks Barny, we'll be arriving on Saturday night for three weeks of chill-out.

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:18:40 AM »
Excellent!
Thanks for the update.
Glad you enjoyed your holiday. 5 weeks to go till Plakias
Daza

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
Yes Barny we are still enjoying ourselves even though the traditional breeze arrived this week.
As you say everything is normal here so no problems to worry about.
Glad we had chance to catch up with you.

Come on all you Plakias lovers every thing is waiting for you, the resort has been busy & the weather has been good.
They need you.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 03:51:33 PM »
I've been looking at the web cam and thought it looked a bit breezy!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »
A bit breezy, Barny, the wind was making up for the weeks you were here.  Pleased to say that today is much better.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »
enjoyed all the times in Kyma, Antonis Place, Harakas, Lyseos and especially my room at Stella Studios.

Hi Barny,

Sorry we didn't manage to meet up.  It seems that you go to the places we don't, and vice versa!  Each to his or her own.  The "trouble" is that there are more than enough tavernas to go round for a week

We don't usually go so early in August, usually the last two weeks, so were expecting it to be really busy.  However, although the beach was pretty busy during the day, partly due to bus trips stopping off, we were surprised that the Far End and Plakias itself weren't busier.  We often had the place almost to ourselves at 9.00 or 9.30, even at 10.00 on day.

A week without wind was bliss, even if that meant the weather was very hot!

I quite enjoyed eating and drinking in the proper outdoors at the harbour tavernas and bars, but it is not sustainable when the Plakias wind blows, or the weather is chillier at the beginning and end of season.

Enjoy your holidays those who are still waiting.

Arnaki

Offline Dave&Les

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 07:15:37 AM »
The wind is certainly blowing & has been for about six days now, so unfortunate for those who are only here for a week. It's not cold though in sheltered places.

For info we learnt that the Rich & Famous is closed & only used for toilet facilities for the beach bar customers. It seems this place can't get going for some reason.

We also got around to trying the Cozy Backyard which was very pleasant. Situated almost opposite the pharmacy at the back of KC.
Opens at 5pm until whenever!! Only serves drinks but a real friendly atmosphere & welcome.

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 11:24:51 AM »
Thanks yet again for the info, but I am still jealous of you both, still, look on the bright side, only 5 weeks to go...WooHooo!!!

Offline Dave&Les

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 11:33:34 AM »
You are welcome, anything that crops up before you arrive we will post.
By the time you arrive we will be back in the cold dull UK.
Have fun!!

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »
You bet I will! The info is useful, but, to be honest, nothing would stop me from returning to Plakias and all the great people there, no matter what was happening!

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »
We also got around to trying the Cozy Backyard which was very pleasant. Situated almost opposite the pharmacy at the back of KC.
Opens at 5pm until whenever!! Only serves drinks but a real friendly atmosphere & welcome.
On my way to the Xezonis discovered that the Cozy Backyard is right next door to it.  So if all that drinking has whetted your appetite, you can pop in next door for something to eat.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline stavros

• Also Pedro_on_Tour on Tripadvisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »
Occasional visitor here. Now 4 days in Plakias, weather just turned from hot and still to hot and breezy (-ish). Staying at Manolis as before, miserable man but very good rooms. Nice meals at Mousses, Christos, Paligremnos, mediocre meal at Gorgona.

Rebuilding of taverna shelters on quayside is continuing, but according to conditions set out by planning authorities, including height, sightlines and retractable awning roofs. What is completed is looking impressive.
Visiting Greece and Crete since 1984