login

Author Topic: Manchester to Heraklion - Germania  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Manchester to Heraklion - Germania
« on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:23 PM »
Could anyone who has used the German flight from Manchester clear up a mystery, please? 

We are booked to go out on 19 August, and Olympic told us some time ago that the flight time had changed to 6.50am.  A search for departure in the next 24 hours done on several Mondays still says it is due out at 9.00am.  Looking at actual departures over the last couple of weeks it has left at something like 7.30 and 8.30.

I assume the flight is actually due out at 6.50 and has been delayed, but I am interested in people's experience.

Arnaki

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
Re: Manchester to Heraklion - Germania
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
The flight information at Manchester Airport now tallies with what Olympic told us (0650 departure), making me breath a little more easily.

Arnaki

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
Does any one have a further update on the flight time for the Germania flight ST3594 from Manchester, we are due out on 23rd Sept and were also advised of a time change to 06:50. But looking at the Manchester departure board and the Germania web page the last few weeks it is due to leave at 08:00 and is leaving within 20 minutes of that time.
Thanks for any info you can offer.
kalloni

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »
Following on from the thread I started, a day after receiving our tickets with a 0650 flight,  we were told the time had changed to 0800. If I were you I'd keep an eye on departures, but it is possible that the change was only for August, and yours is still a 0650 departure.

Enjoy your holiday - it is blowing a force 7 wind today here in Plakias,, with 70 km/hr gusts, so a little breezy!

Arnaki

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »
Thanks Arnaki, I will keep on checking the Tuesday depts for the next couple off weeks and look for our tickets on the Olympic site. Since seeing your mail I have looked on the webcam and can see the trees being blown around, at least you should be able to get a cool breeze through your room overnight.

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 10:33:42 PM »
Have just received the tickets for our flight from Manchester to Heraklion with Germania and it appears that we are now flying home from Chania with Small Planet. They have also added an additional 4 tickets which appear to say that after 7 days we fly back to Manchester with Germania then get on a Small Planet plane back to Chania to continue our second week.
Has anybody else had this interesting flight amendment.

Ha well soon to be in Plakias and all will be forgotten.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 09:51:39 PM »
Hi Kalloni,

I trust you manage to get out and back again, without having to return to Manchester and fly back to Chania!

Arnaki

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »
Hi Arnaki, we did the old hiding in full view trick and stayed by the pool on the 30th and Les never saw us. When we returned home on the 7th Oct it was a relatively quick (2 hour) transfer to Chania. The airport was very laid back and stress free compared to Heraklion and we departed on time. As we took of they announced that there was no catering service onboard, apparently the flight out from Manchester had been delayed so Small Planet sent a plane empty from Poland to ensure we got back to Manchester on time ?. First time I have ever heard of anything like this but it saved us being delayed by an hour or two.