login

Author Topic: Cheaper Holidays?  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
Cheaper Holidays?
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »
It looks as though Crete holidays should work out considerably cheaper this year with the exchange rate as it is. Just back from the Canary Islands and our credit card statement is showing one euro at 74p. It doesn’t seem that long ago that the euro was almost £1.

Stuart

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cheaper Holidays?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
It might be once you get there, The holiday itself will cost you a lot more if you book now. Olympic are milking the exchange rate this year with their prices. No January sale, and still showing over £700 per head from Leeds Bradford to Kostas in June

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:15:53 PM »
It might be once you get there, The holiday itself will cost you a lot more if you book now. Olympic are milking the exchange rate this year with their prices. No January sale, and still showing over £700 per head from Leeds Bradford to Kostas in June
That's odd as I'm paying significantly less for both my Olympic holidays this year than last (one to Plakias, one to Tingaki). Knowing when to book to get good prices is becoming increasingly difficult with Olympic.

Mike

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 04:54:33 PM »
I'm still watching and waiting for Olympic to cut the prices too Colin and Sandra. Like you said - no January sale - at this rate I might end up going to Cyprus instead - its not all that much different for a bargain in September!!! (But I do want to do Plakias- honest).

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »
That's odd as I'm paying significantly less for both my Olympic holidays this year than last (one to Plakias, one to Tingaki). Knowing when to book to get good prices is becoming increasingly difficult with Olympic.

Mike
It is working out cheaper for us to book flight only with Ryanair from Leeds/Bradford and accomodation with the owners (or with Booking.com )

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:39:35 AM »
I am not aware of Olympic holidays but travelling out of Bristol means that our flights must be half the price that they were previously. With a choice of either Easy Jet or Ryanair our return flights come out at under £150 each. It is difficult now to see how they can get cheaper.

Stuart.