login

Author Topic: Name that Taverna  (Read 11767 times)

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 11:53:59 AM »
Quote from: Barny
Yes Mike , I have heard of and had "experiences" myself at the taverna Manousoss. I look forward to reading your review.  I would rather be there than here though!!

Barny.

The review has been uploaded and awaiting approval by an administrator (who, if he has any sense, is undertaking personal research into his own reviews, not monitoring the Forum!)

This thread has got a bit off subject with comments on other tavernas - how about turning them into reviews, guys? Click Article System above and start from there.

Mike

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »
Isn't it strange, we all have such differences of opinions as regards eating places?  We have eaten at Manoussas taverna many times over the last years, including this one and I can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal.  When we were there earlier this month, on the 2 occasions we ate there, it was very busy.  I agree he is a Manuel look a like.  He has 2 delightful daughters who help out too.
Yvonne

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 03:43:09 PM »
Quote from: Yvonne
Isn't it strange, we all have such differences of opinions as regards eating places?  We have eaten at Manoussas taverna many times over the last years, including this one and I can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal.  When we were there earlier this month, on the 2 occasions we ate there, it was very busy.  I agree he is a Manuel look a like.  He has 2 delightful daughters who help out too.
Yvonne

Wine aside, it was not a bad meal in food quality, the problem was the assumption that husband and wife would want to have dinner on an alternating shift basis. All will become clear when Ploppy returns and frees up the reviews.

Mike