login

Author Topic: Labyrinth studio  (Read 3157 times)

Offline julie rogers

• View Profile
Labyrinth studio
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »
Hi I will be staying at the Labyrinth studios in August for 3 weeks, myself and my teenage sun would like to hire pedal bikes during our stay. Could anybody tell me what the cost maybe?

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Labyrinth studio
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:26:42 AM »
Hi I will be staying at the Labyrinth studios in August for 3 weeks, myself and my teenage sun would like to hire pedal bikes during our stay. Could anybody tell me what the cost maybe?

Hello Julie.
Do drop Anso an email as they may give a reasonable quote.
Last year an Adult Mountain bike was 15 Euros a day but that was for a better model.
15 Euros does look steep to me and if you are renting two it will be cheaper to rent a small car! We often stop and give people a lift when out and about, which is perfectly normal in rural Greece.
When I lived in Greece the local farmers always gave me a lift in the back of the pickup into town.
The walk back to the Labyrinth is not too bad but is up hill and a torch useful at night. Takes between 20 to 25 minutes. There are a few Tavernas near to you and Damnoni Beach is about 10 minutes. There is a mini Market and about five tavernas. At least the strong breeze will make walking or cycling more pleasant.
There is a left turn off the main road that will take you down to the best part of the beach. Then you can take refreshments at the Paligremnos beach bar. The road from here is then flat and along the seafront into the centre of Plakias.
The map is here https://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://www.plakias.co.uk/Plakias.kml&ie=UTF8&t=k

Offline MTBman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
Hi Julie, me and my friends have been coming to Crete for cycling since 2000. We have always rented top quality SCOTT mountain bikes or hybrid / trekking bikes from OLYMPIC BIKE (just Google). You will find prices on their site. As service they deliver reliable bicycles all over Crete, right on the doorstep of your accommodation. Biking equipment such as helmets, repair kits, pump and locks are included in the price. The English speaking staff is just a phone call away in the very unlikely event of any technical difficulties. MTB's are definitively the best "weapon of choice" for cycling on the "rugged" South Coast, due to the conditions of the local roads and because of the correct gears. Just make sure that you order your bicycle well in advance, as during the holiday high season we have had problems with the reservation of the desired bike models and / or frame sizes, due to high demand (although they have over 300 MTB!).  A great ride with spectacular views of the whole bay of Plakias is the ride: PLAKIAS - LEFKOGEIA - ASOMATOS - MARIOU  - FIONIKAS - PLAKIAS. If you are strong bikers I can also recommend nice quiet off road mountain bike routes towards PREVELI BEACH - AGIA FOTINI (lovely taverna directly next to the Libyan Sea) - KERAMES and back to PLAKIAS again. I am actually now in Plakias at Kostas / Chrysoulas for my "spring training" and will be back end of August / September for some more relaxed rides. Maybe we will bump into each other. HAVE FUN! 
After a ride in Crete: save water, drink Alfa!