Author Topic: Small Planet Airlines  (Read 18463 times)

Offline grahame

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Small Planet Airlines
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
I'm going to be happier once I get to Gatwick and see the flight on the boards...at the moment, Gatwick's departures schedule doesn't appear to have anything for 11.20 on the 17th but Olympic Holidays have confirmed they do.......I'll leave it to you to decide but we're turning up anyway !!!
Flight QS3054 has departed from LGW for the last few Tuesdays. (last week it was an hour late). If you look at Gatwick's website tomorrow it will be listed under "Smartwings". I'm on the same flight on 1st October. My tickets show the return flight as Smartwings/Small Planet P7488 leaving Heraklion at 1650. However the only flight leaving Heraklion for the last few Tuesdays has been "Smartwings" flight QS3055 which is obviously the return leg of QS3054. The funny things is you cannot see these flights listed under "arrivals/departures" at Heraklion airport or track the flights through any of the flight tracking websites! I would much prefer to fly Smartwings than Small Planet. Hopefully Olympic will have finally got their act together after a disastrous summer of flight cancellations/delays.
Grahame

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »
I wonder do Olympic give a monkey's... Perhaps they want to pull out of the south coast altogether? Easier to ship cattle as well as customers to Ag Nik or Malia from Heraklion than to Plakias.

They have a monopoly on the charter scene and perhaps they can abuse it. We have made our own arrangements over the last few years, but used Olympic in May for a last minute week in Plakias and regret it a lot. Olympic's 'customer service' simply made my blood boil. (See rant elsewhere.)

Here again now, in Skinos apartments (that I can't recommend too highly, incidentally), having flown via Zurich with Swissair and taken taxi to Plakias. Cost more, but this is supposed to be relaxing and the trip was part of the holiday, nice flights and avoiding the 3-4 hour coach transfer.

Sitting on terrace, with a beer, having watched another lovely sunset behind the dragon whilst eating dinner. Grand!

Richard

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:48 PM »
Just got back from Plakias booked with Olympic and flew from Leeds/Bradford with Monarch Airlines.On time with no complaints !

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 08:10:05 PM »
Never had the slightest problem when they used Monarch! Can we hope that experience has encouraged them to return to this carrier?