Author Topic: Olympic 2013 Holidays  (Read 25223 times)

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
Olympic 2013 Holidays
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
It's not looking good for next year, flights from Humberside to Crete have gone and the only rooms showing available from Manchester, East Midlands, Leeds, Stansted & Gatwick are Dora's & Labyrinth.
Looking like it will have to be independent unless we go elsewhere

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Olympic 2013 Holidays
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »
I've just had a very quick look at the Olympic site and the full (2012) range of accommodation still seems to be there from Leeds in 2013 and the flights are with Jet2 whereas when I looked the other day I'm sure they were only offering flights with Monarch (at much worse times than Jet2) from Leeds.

Try having another look as they may still be refining their 2013 offering.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32:22 PM »
Well I've just had a look on line right now and the 2013 accommodation availability still seems to be well down compared with 2012. No Kristos C and quite a few others still missing. Tried like you from Leeds Bradford and from other airports all giving the same result. Either they are not using these missing facilities in 2013 or they haven't signed up yet.

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »
As I mentioned I only had a very quick look but there was certainly more accommodation showing than when Colin & Sandra must have looked.  I think they call it a 'fluid' situation.

I think it could be either reason you mention John R as it is still early days for tour operators getting out their definitive programmes.  I know that Monarch are basing a couple of aircraft at LBA next year and that Heraklion is one of their destinations and the Olympic site showed them using Monarch when I looked the other day but today it shows them using Jet2.

Probably Olympic don't know what they are doing next year yet.  Mind you from what I have heard, Olympic don't even seem to know what they are doing tomorrow most of the time!  Thats' probably just a scurrilous rumour though!!

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:54 AM »
You're quite right, I use Chrome as a browser, and for some reason it was putting a tick in the self catering box at the bottom of the search panel. Now I've removed it I am getting the more expected results, Kosta's is noticeable by its absence though, and prices are nowhere as good as this time last year for early bookers.

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »
Just checked mid September 2013 from Gatwick:

Dora
Labarinth
Sofia
Alianthos Beach & Garden
Porto Plakias

plus Kalypso Village!

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:35 PM »
My turn to check - EMA flights now with Aegean ( Free Meal, Wine or Beer) but lousy flight times!!! If you want to go Jet 2 it's another £79!!!

Aegean - East Midlands Airport- Heraklion
Tue, 24-Sep-2013 - 20:30 - 02:40!!!
Tue, 08-Oct-2013 - 17:30 - 19:45
That a half a day less!

And when I thought Olympic had got it just right!
I'll keep checking for a bargain.

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »
Jackie and i  have booked 14th Sept. 2013 from Leeds / Bradford with private taxi transfer to Plakias.
Olympic don't provide a bus transfer as part of the package unfortunately.
Thought about a car but we don't want one for two weeks. Will just hire a bike in the resort !

Offline Bill Lawrenson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
Just booked for Plakias yet again. This time we have booked with Olympic from East Mids on 21st May with flights by Jet2 at decent times.

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »
Jackie and i  have booked 14th Sept. 2013 from Leeds / Bradford with private taxi transfer to Plakias.
Olympic don't provide a bus transfer as part of the package unfortunately.
Thought about a car but we don't want one for two weeks. Will just hire a bike in the resort !

Triton750 you might like to have a look at this link http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?topic=1836.0 where the subject of Olympic transfers have been discussed.  I have just posted that Olympic are now including transfers to Plakias.  It may be worth your while taking this up with them if they weren't even on offer when you booked.  I know they weren't offering transfers when I looked in Septmeber/October time.

Just out of interest are you traveling with Jet2 or Monarch?

Maybe do a price comparison (then and now) before you call them though!

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
Hi Kayisi.
Thank's for letting us know about the transfers. I will get back onto Olympic about this ASAP
We are scheduled to fly with Monarch.

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »
Hi again,
Just been through a pretend booking process with Olympic and yes the flight does state it's with
Jet 2 now and that transfer to Plakias are NOT included !

We booked this holiday in Feb. 2013 the flight times are the same from Leeds / Bradford but are we flying with Monarch or Jet2, who know's ?
To be honest , not bothered so long as we leave on time and get there and back safely. Yamas !!

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Hi again,
Just been through a pretend booking process with Olympic and yes the flight does state it's with
Jet 2 now and that transfer to Plakias are NOT included !

We booked this holiday in Feb. 2013 the flight times are the same from Leeds / Bradford but are we flying with Monarch or Jet2, who know's ?
To be honest , not bothered so long as we leave on time and get there and back safely. Yamas !!

Just had another look at Olympic site and transfers are included with their Tuesday flight that gets into HER at 15:15 but not the Saturday flight which doesn't get in until 22:10 so I presume you are traveling on a Saturday.  The Monarch Saturday flight times were put back an hour for our flight on 4 May to 15:20 arriving in HER at 21:20 which matches quite well with the Jet2 times.  I suppose night transfers cause their own problems (and extra costs) which is probably the reason why Olympic are only offering them on the Jet2 Tuesday flights.

If you aren't hiring a car or getting a taxi from the airport bear in mind that there are only 4 buses a day from Rethymno to Plakias (to the best of my knowledge based on Sept 2012) leaving Rethymno at 06:15, 11:30, 14:15 and 18:00.

Shame there wasn't any scope to wangle some transfers from Olympic though.  Never mind.  Enjoy.

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »
My turn to check - EMA flights now with Aegean ( Free Meal, Wine or Beer) but lousy flight times!!! If you want to go Jet 2 it's another £79!!!

Aegean - East Midlands Airport- Heraklion
Tue, 24-Sep-2013 - 20:30 - 02:40!!!
Tue, 08-Oct-2013 - 17:30 - 19:45
That a half a day less!

And when I thought Olympic had got it just right!
I'll keep checking for a bargain.

Oh well - I've dipped out as Costas was full on 24th Sept. Going to Rhodes instead. Look forward to seeing you all next year - I hope. PS Doing Thassos in May for the 3rd time - It's beautiful! Anyone else been and how did/do you rate it?

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »
Daza - I went to Thassos about 10 years ago and thought it was fantastic. If I didn't go to Plakias, I think Thassos would be my second choice.
John - Ostraco