Author Topic: Airlines  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Beachlizard

• View Profile
    • Email
Airlines
« on: October 01, 2005, 05:48:47 PM »
We flew on August 30th to Chania, with Aegean Airlines en-route for Plakias our destination. Our departure was from Bristol at 1200hours, we noticed that the Kosmar brochure said we would arrive at 1930 local time. I contacted Kosmar who said "Oh yes, didn't you know that you were dropping off and picking up at Birmingham en-route" I said no I just wondered why it was taking so long. We had pre-booked our seats at a cost of £20 just to ensure we would sit together, and the check in girl said we have reserved seats 2a and 2b for you, I thought brilliant.
We went into departures and when our flight was called the Servisair girl shouted sit where you like free boarding....well it turned into a rugby scrum people jostling pushing and shoving I 've never seen anything like it. Once boarded our seats were taken by other people who promptly told us to get elsewhere as they were not gong to move, I spoke to the Greek stewardess who couldn't understand why we had pre-booked, saying "why have you paid extra money for your seats you sit where you like on our flights, why pay twice" By this time I was very upset at the attitude of my fellow countrymen and the stewardesses, eventually we landed at Birmingham dropped off and picked up, and fortunately the captain had heard all the complaints and set about trying to place people in their pre-booked seats.
We were transferred to seats 2a & 2b, for the next leg of the journey on to Crete, we had a reasonable meal and a complimentary drink, but 2 hours into the flight we asked if we could purchase a soft drink and a wine we were told Absolutely No we do not sell drinks, so for 4 hours we had one drink and a meal.After the first 90 minutes the two stewardesses promptly fell asleep in full view of the passengers and were briskly woken by the 1st officer when he came to use the toilets.The moral of this story if you fly Aegean Airlines, take sufficient food and drink with you, do not ask for a drink, and prepare yourself for a longer than normal flight to Greece. The aircraft are Boeing 737 400 series and do not offer in flight entertainment, so also take a book or newspaper. I will avoid flying with AA again if possible and stick to English carriers  
The return flight was much better direct into Bristol, with adequate food and several drinks

Offline reddiablo

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Airlines
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 09:57:59 PM »
HEY  UP  B L
just been lazing with a few reptiles in the everglades florida.
They were smacking their chops at the thought of moi.
anyhow sorry bout your AA flight.
My American wife and  I , were in Athens and flew to Hania
in late July.
It  was a very pleasant and friendly flight
compared to our BA  flight  Toronto to  Heathrow
and our not so happy , OLYMPIC  heathrow to athens.
we paid top dollar for the 2 long flights
but our AA  to Kriti  from Athena  was  very reasonable.
and we got  time for  a drink and snack.
Have just flown  West JET  fro florida to toronto today.
really super flight and crew plus live satelite tv
watched the l/poool  v chelski game live on my personal screen.
it wasabout  175 pounds return flight.

NOW  last year  I was over in europe and had the misfortune to
book one of your summer package flights to  
Iraklion from gatwick  with brittania.
what shit you  Brits put up with, snarly flight attendants
excessive price for a COFFEE??
tHAT  was my second package flight from UK to  Kritii
never  EVER  AGAIN would I subject myself to this
cattle herded degredation.
now I am born and bred in England  but way back in 1975
after many trips abroad  I decided it was time to lleave
the so called  "green and pleasant"
green I can agree with that but pleasant ??  arf

anyhow  I  am moving down to Naples florida very soon.
but will still keep in touch and visit plakias.

maybe next summer we have a group of 20  cruising
greek isles fro m venice and back
will check if aegean fly from venice and hopefully spend a week
with my  friends in plakias.

roger murney   toronto      yammas

ps perhaps its a good idea to book just from brum on aegean ??