login

Author Topic: accomodation help for newbie  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
accomodation help for newbie
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 12:26:40 PM »
Quote from: The Murrays
Check out the Oasis Studios, they are located on the top of the road as you come into Parga, they are about a 10 minute walk into the centre.  We stayed there for 3 nights 2 years ago and they are nice, clean, there is a bar and pool and you can get food there, check it out on Interkriti.  And Nikos and Maria are really nice.

A lot of people give it a good rating, but on Ploppy's marvelous map it is about a mile from the Oasis to the bridge in the centre of town. Wish I could walk that in 10 minutes! My wife and I found that it took between 10 and 15 minutes to walk, not stroll, from the Lamon to the Paligremnos and that is all on the flat.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 01:48:39 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex
Quote from: The Murrays

Check out the Oasis Studios, they are located on the top of the road as you come into Parga, they are about a 10 minute walk into the centre.  We stayed there for 3 nights 2 years ago and they are nice, clean, there is a bar and pool and you can get food there, check it out on Interkriti.  And Nikos and Maria are really nice.

A lot of people give it a good rating, but on Ploppy's marvelous map it is about a mile from the Oasis to the bridge in the centre of town. Wish I could walk that in 10 minutes! My wife and I found that it took between 10 and 15 minutes to walk, not stroll, from the Lamon to the Paligremnos and that is all on the flat.

Mike

...and it's in the correct position... cause I put it there, together with the nearest Gas station.  

If you feel like a 'snack' try Nikos's jacket potatoe with tuna. But be warned I have never, ever seen potatoes that BIG  

george g...

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 09:05:47 PM »
Quote from: John R
Quote from: bobbi
Hi Everyone

We will be staying in Paleochora for a couple of days next month and our plan is to  take a ferry from Paleochora to Hora Sfakion and then drive to Plakias. We are looking for accomodation for one or two nights. Something not too big in a quiet location would be great. We don't need fancy but something around mid range would be great. A balcony would also be welcome, especially if it had a bit of a view. I have read quite a bit on this board but am still unsure what would be our best bet. Have heard good things about the Horizon (any thoughts?) and the Alianthos Gardens has been highly recommended but is it quite big and crowded? We arrive around May 22nd or 23rd. Finally how easy would it be to just arrive and find a place on chance!
Thanks so much
Bobbi

You could try our one and only favourite - Stella Pension. Definitely quiet (about 12 rooms total, breakfast optional and with self catering facilities. Ultra clean with air conditioning and quite good views from front top floor rooms - with balcony.

Contact Markos at brokalak@otenet.gr for details / bookings, website http://www.stella-studios.gr/

John R

Hi John we are looking forward to returning to Stella pension although it won't be eggactly the same as when we were there last. never mind we are looking forward to blowing off the cobwebs. Take care both.
D & G
Dotty

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 10:59:45 PM »
Quote from: DOTTY
]

Hi John we are looking forward to returning to Stella pension although it won't be eggactly the same as when we were there last. never mind we are looking forward to blowing off the cobwebs. Take care both.
D & G

Hi Dotty

Well it has changed a little since you last stayed there. As you observed in October the self catering means you can now cook your own eggs if you wish. And there certainly won't be any cobwebs at Stella - perish the thought !!! Have a great time - we'll be back in September

John R + G