Author Topic: Aretousa Appartments  (Read 9785 times)

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 01:08:09 PM »
Quote from: Mandy Harrison
You are a brave man eating Monarch plane food its absolutely horrible.  Same food every time I get on  -crap breakfast and horrible sausage and mashon return journey.  I usually manage to eat the bread roll on breakfast meal and not much else.  The dried up beans were the best bit this time out!  Chris and I usually go for an early meal at Kastro  on the way home before we go to the airport usually chop and chips and that normally does me until I get home - I would rather eat chocolate and crisps and rubbish like that despite the calories.  If you are ever on my flight and you need a meal just ask - you can have it with pleasure
Hello Mandy,

I agree that Monarch is one of the worst of the charter airlines and their meal is much worse than XL. However, I find the process of setting off on holiday quite stressful so am usually quite hungry on the plane, even though I will have eaten at the airport. So, if ever I move to Manchester I will take you up on your offer.

I was sorry to read in another of your postings that the Kostas Chrysoulla standard has dropped. I'm at Santa Maria for 2008. I take your point about booking independently but now I am (fairly) newly single the economics don't add up. Both my holidays for 2008 are coming in at £280 or less for 2 weeks (excl. insurance). Maybe I'll have to get a job (don't think so!!!).

Mike

Mandy Harrison

Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 02:40:43 PM »
I'm sure you have made the right decision Mike - its hard for single travellers.  KC isn't all that bad its just that its hit and miss whether you get a decent room, a good room or a really crap room.  They just need to spend a few quid on it and it would be ok.  Thing is I hear they only get about 15 euros a night from the tour operators so they aren't gonna be quick to do a makeover on the place!

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »
I'm sure you have made the right decision Mike - its hard for single travellers.  KC isn't all that bad its just that its hit and miss whether you get a decent room, a good room or a really crap room.  They just need to spend a few quid on it and it would be ok.  Thing is I hear they only get about 15 euros a night from the tour operators so they aren't gonna be quick to do a makeover on the place!

At least when you book directly you know all the money is going directly to the room/apartment owner.

Pete&Dawn

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 01:17:53 PM »
I heard it could be as low as €8 per night. Anyone have any inside info?

I agree about KC- it isn't bad but they should give more attention to detail. The first year we went there Kostas was on the roof setting up aerials for TV reception. I kept think "why didn't you do this during the 7 winter months when you didn't have any guests?" Likewise, the kettle (which was an advertised facility) turned up into the second week.

Mike

Daisy

Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 02:20:56 PM »
We stayed at K.C. this year, within minutes of arriving in our room we were moved to a newer block, big room, very modern even had ironing board and iron,it stated these rooms were 50e. a night, we were told we would have to move again later in the week, we duly did and found ourselves in a nice room above beach bar, at 40e. (no board but brand new iron). We worried it might be noisey but far from it. Both rooms are the best we have ever had at K.C. in our three visits there. We have had much better rooms in various other accomodation within Plakias but I think "You get what you pay for" Daisy

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »
Hem, hem!  Getting back to the original question ......

We stayed at the Aretousa in July and had a great time.  Maybe not the most spacious accommodation but the balcony made up for that (see pics).

The welcome from Vangelina and the daily care and service she provided were of the very best.

}
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:29:36 AM by Chas »
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 03:30:54 PM »
Quote from: Chas
Hem, hem!  Getting back to the original question ......

We stayed at the Aretousa in July and had a great time.  Maybe not the most spacious accommodation but the balcony made up for that (see pics).

The welcome from Vangelina and the daily care and service she provided were of the very best.

}

Thanks for the pictures of the Aretousa Appartments.

They looked good from the outside when we visited them in late September and now that you have shown inside, we are pleased with our choice.

Our problem with the K&C Appartments was noise more than anything else.

We had room no 53 and were regularly kept awake by motorbike noise (often the owners son) and taxi's coming and going, picking people up during the night/early morning.

We did find the place fairly basic and the bathroom tap didn't work all the time we were there, although it was reported as broken.

Perhaps we did not have the best of the accommodation on offer?

We are expecting the Aretousa to be a bit more peaceful.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 03:37:40 PM »
Quote from: Daniel
We are expecting the Aretousa to be a bit more peaceful.
You won't be disappointed Daniel, I stayed at the Dora just across the car park several times and it is very quiet.

george g...