login

Poll

What do you intend to do?

I intend to keep within 15kg.
14 (70%)
I intend to pay extra for 20kg.
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Luggage Allowance  (Read 13577 times)

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »
Quote from: harribobs
if you booked before they changed it, you should still get the old allowance

however when my May tickets (also XL) came they had 15 kilo on them and i had to get them changed  

They are still at it. I booked our flights in November. The tickets arrived on Friday showing 15kg. Saturday I had to spend 15 mins listening to their recorded messages before I was connected to a person. She said that I was entitled to 20kg and new tickets will be posted. I know I am entitled, I have the print out of their booking conditions from November.

The question is why I wasn't sent the correctly detailed tickets. Couldn't be that they hoped to induce me into giving them £30 to which they have no contractual entitlement could it?

It will be a cold day in hell before I use XL again.

Grumpily yours,

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 09:52:40 AM »
Evidently BA still have 20kgs too!!
Friend of mine flew out to Turkey this morning with a case full of shoes!! Women    luv 'em!!

george g...

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »
From the small number of people who voted, if the airlines were hoping this would be a revenue earner, they might have to think again.

I would like to join the majority view but the thought of doing significant washing on holiday, or leaving behind some of the things I like to take, doesn't appeal.

Mike

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »
Earlier in the thread I smugly claimed we would be well under 15kg each. On the day, our cases weighed in at 18kg so looks like I need to eat humble pie. Next year we will have to leave a few things out - underwear for a start - smalls and socks dry so quickly. By next year I'm hoping to have a lighter camera; my current one takes 4 AA batteries and I think I took 20 this year plus the recharger.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 10:15:28 PM »
Quote from: Graeme
My new Nikon takes 4 AA's, so I have 4 rechargeables and just one set of 4 Duracells that I use whilst the others are on overnight charge.
My problem was having a 'thirsty' old camera and rechargables that I got off the internet that don't seem compatible with my charger. I know the solution, and come the January sales ....

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 01:23:02 PM »

We read the following information at the Heraklion Airport and I think it would be interesting for you:

1 kg excess luggage costs 8,00 Euro

Before we left Germany we got the same information from Condor.

On both airports (Leipzig and Heraklion) we met people which had to pay extra costs.

Kerstin

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »
I see the latest trick that the airlines have is not to include any free baggage allowance at all, so you have to pay extra to check-in any hold baggage.

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
Quote from: Greecemad
I see the latest trick that the airlines have is not to include any free baggage allowance at all, so you have to pay extra to check-in any hold baggage.

Greecemad,

sorry, I believe my English was not correct.  
I did not meant the hand luggage and we had no problems with it. Neither in Germany nor in Crete nobody was interested in our hand luggage.
I meant our both bags/suitcases. On Condor flights 20 kg for each persons are allowed. If you have more than you have to pay 8 Euros per Kilogram.

Kerstin

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »
Quote from: Greecemad
I heard one of the budget airlines (Easyjet or RyanAir) charge you for printing out your boarding card online .... and charge you even more if you don't! All part of their transparent pricing policy apparently, so that's ok

Offline john&debbie

• View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 02:32:31 PM »
HI All
This is one of my pet hates. They must know how much weight the aircraft can carry allowing for fuel, cabin crew and food etc. This weight can then be divided by the number of passengers, to give a weight allowance in kgs per passenger. If you subtract the weight of the the person you are left with your baggage allowance. Simple???
Cheers
John & Debbie

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »
Quote from: john&debbie
HI All
This is one of my pet hates. They must know how much weight the aircraft can carry allowing for fuel, cabin crew and food etc. This weight can then be divided by the number of passengers, to give a weight allowance in kgs per passenger. If you subtract the weight of the the person you are left with your baggage allowance. Simple???
Cheers
John & Debbie

But then the airlines wouldn't be able to get extra money from us!

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
Quote from: Kerstin
sorry, I believe my English was not correct.  
I did not meant the hand luggage and we had no problems with it. Neither in Germany nor in Crete nobody was interested in our hand luggage.
I meant our both bags/suitcases. On Condor flights 20 kg for each persons are allowed. If you have more than you have to pay 8 Euros per Kilogram.

Kerstin

Kerstin,

There is nothing wrong with your English. I was not replying to your posting, I was just posting a general comment on the subject of this thread.

Greecemad

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 12:50:19 PM »
crikey, just packd my bag and i can hardly make 14 kilos!

now what have i forgotten??

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
crikey, just packd my bag and i can hardly make 14 kilos!

now what have i forgotten??

If you have forgotten that one camera - that should take you well up to your allowance  

John R

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Luggage Allowance
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »
definitely got that!