Plakias > Where to eat...or not!

Lysseos

(1/13) > >>

roger:
Could anyone who has been to Plakias recently and , like me , regards the Lysseos  as a really good restaurant , help to whet my appetite . Is the food there as good as ever ? Any notgable additions to the menu or just the usual excellent dishes - the roasts , lamb in the oven , pork afelia , chicken skordata , duck a l'orange , and above all , kleftiko - by far the best kleftiko i have had because it is the Cypriot  version and not the Greek one = the chef is a Cypriot
Three weeks tonight and I will be sampling  my first meal there = and be spoilt for choice
 roger

jaycy:

--- Quote from: roger ---Could anyone who has been to Plakias recently and , like me , regards the Lysseos  as a really good restaurant , help to whet my appetite . Is the food there as good as ever ? Any notgable additions to the menu or just the usual excellent dishes - the roasts , lamb in the oven , pork afelia , chicken skordata , duck a l'orange , and above all , kleftiko - by far the best kleftiko i have had because it is the Cypriot  version and not the Greek one = the chef is a Cypriot
Three weeks tonight and I will be sampling  my first meal there = and be spoilt for choice
 roger
--- End quote ---

Hi Roger if the food is as good as you say my Wife and I will probably see you in the Lysseos when you arrive.
Are you travelling alone or accompanied?
We arrive on the 15th and rather late in the evening I suspect.
Regards
John

ems:
[quote name='jaycy' date='Aug 4 2006, 07:47 PM' post='7007']
[quote name='roger' post='6980' date='Aug 2 2006, 06:45 PM']
Could anyone who has been to Plakias recently and , like me , regards the Lysseos  as a really good restaurant , help to whet my appetite . Is the food there as good as ever ? Any notgable additions to the menu or just the usual excellent dishes - the roasts , lamb in the oven , pork afelia , chicken skordata , duck a l'orange , and above all , kleftiko - by far the best kleftiko i have had because it is the Cypriot  version and not the Greek one = the chef is a Cypriot
 roger
[/quote]

We got back from Plakias this week... Lysseos was definately our fave place to eat. Their baby goat & rabbit in wine is also very good!

Uli:

--- Quote from: roger ---Could anyone who has been to Plakias recently and , like me , regards the Lysseos  as a really good restaurant , help to whet my appetite . Is the food there as good as ever ? Any notgable additions to the menu or just the usual excellent dishes - the roasts , lamb in the oven , pork afelia , chicken skordata , duck a l'orange , and above all , kleftiko - by far the best kleftiko i have had because it is the Cypriot  version and not the Greek one = the chef is a Cypriot
 roger
--- End quote ---

I have been to Lysseios a few weeks ago - and I loved it again.  

harribobs:
my turn to be the dissenting voice on this thread    (sorry uli, ems and roger), although i must say mandy really likes Lysseos, i don't rate it, i find the portion sizes too small, the food a little boring and the (female) staff indifferent to unfriendly

*chris heads back down the trench*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version