Author Topic: Holidays booked  (Read 2736 times)

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Holidays booked
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »
Just put my 2014 holiday dates to Plakias (13-27 May) in the CALENDAR. Does anyone else do this? It's good to scan the calendar to see how many forum members are there at the same time/dates. It works on the Thassos Forum so I thought I'd let everyone know you can do it here on the Plakias forum if you want to. Shame you can't just make an entry in the calendar without generating a forum topic too (can you???) so I've started this topic so those that wish to add their holiday dates can use this topic/page to make any comments at the same time.

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Holidays booked
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
I think that recently people have been forgetting to enter their trip details on the calendar.  I always check before going to see who else is in resort but invariably I'm the only one!  (And I know that that is not the case.)  And yes, you can make an entry without generating a topic but I can't think how right now.

Noopsy 
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
I think the answer is - just "Post  Event" and don't open the  "View Calendar".

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 06:33:37 PM »
Hi, the trick is to untick the "link to post" box.  I've not yet added our trip, but will later.  I'm on a tablet and prefer the proper computer for such things.

Enjoy the last few hours of 2013...

Here's to happy travelling in 2014.

Arnaki

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »
OK.....I'd like to add to the calendar too but cant even find the link to post box suggested and the link to calendar options tells me I cant amend anything.....any ideas (as you may have guessed I am not that IT literate so I am probably looking straight at the solution !)

Happy New Year by the way !!!!

Jackie

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:50:31 PM »
OK.....I'd like to add to the calendar too but cant even find the link to post box suggested and the link to calendar options tells me I cant amend anything.....any ideas (as you may have guessed I am not that IT literate so I am probably looking straight at the solution !)

Happy New Year by the way !!!!

Jackie

Happy New Year, Jackie!

Make sure you are logged in (I assume you must be as you post regularly!).
Along the top of the screen is a list of links, including Calendar. 
I went to the date in the calendar, but I think that might be long-winded; I think you can just "Post event".
This should bring up a box headed Event title, and the date it starts.  You then put in how many days you want it to go on for (forever would be my wish, but my holiday is 15 days). 
Underneath that is the box you can untick to link the event to a post, or leave it ticked and a message will come up in Plakias forum.

I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome, if that makes any difference.

I hope that helps - if not, then someone with more expertise than I will have to help you.

Arnaki

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
Wow! Glad to see there are so many (regulars) heading back to Plakias in 2014 - Happy holidays!