Author Topic: Name that Taverna  (Read 11766 times)

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« on: September 22, 2006, 12:26:35 PM »
Have just returned from Plakias (sigh) and am trying to work up some reviews to help populate the Articles section, but have forgotten the name of a taverna.

If you walk East past the Lamon, turn first left then walk up to the top of the road, the taverna is on the opposite side of the T junction. It has a barbecue on the left as you enter, the kitchen up a few stairs just past the barbecue and the walls have been painted with some pretty bright murals.

Does anyone know its name?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 01:39:02 PM »
That will be the Taverna Manousoss, its been there for a long time now, quite quiet these past few years i think? its run by the bloke that looks like manuel from fawlty towers! que?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex
Have just returned from Plakias (sigh) and am trying to work up some reviews to help populate the Articles section, but have forgotten the name of a taverna.

If you walk East past the Lamon, turn first left then walk up to the top of the road, the taverna is on the opposite side of the T junction. It has a barbecue on the left as you enter, the kitchen up a few stairs just past the barbecue and the walls have been painted with some pretty bright murals.

Does anyone know its name?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Barney.

The barbecue was tended by Manuel and the tables by Father of Manuel. It wasn't deserted when we went, but I can understand if it has been quiet, it was our worst experience and we would not have been surprised if Basil himself had turned up!

Mike

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 03:32:03 PM »
Yes Mike , I have heard of and had "experiences" myself at the taverna Manousoss. I look forward to reading your review.  I would rather be there than here though!!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline The Murrays

• View Profile
    • http://
Name that Taverna
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 05:59:36 PM »
Hi Im new to this forum lark, this will be our 3rd time in Plakias, the first being 8 years ago, the last was last Oct and we are going the 29th Sept for a week and really looking forward to it.  When we went the 1st time we went to the Mylos (Milos) Taverna and had some excellent food, I have not seen any one else mention it.  Also the "O Tasomanolis" Sunset Taverna was one of our favourites, we had some excellent fish there.

I have been reading the reviews about the Costas Kyrsoulla Studios where we will be staying and hope that we do not get one of the dodgy rooms that keeps being mentioned.  

Really looking forward to coming back to Plakias, it's one of those places that you have to go back.  We loved it there when we went 1st time, it was with Inspirations Holidays who we went with.

Any way, no doubt bump into some one from the Plakias Forum next week.

Adios

The Murrays  

Offline bryhy

• View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 12:16:41 PM »
Quote from: Barny
Yes Mike , I have heard of and had "experiences" myself at the taverna Manousoss. I look forward to reading your review.  I would rather be there than here though!!

Barny.
Well when we were in Plakias in  June we actually had a very good barbeque meal there. And I concur with the Manuel entertainment....Brian

Offline Woodchop

• View Profile
Name that Taverna
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 09:34:27 PM »
Quote from: bryhy
Quote from: Barny

Barny.
Well when we were in Plakias in  June we actually had a very good barbeque meal there. And I concur with the Manuel entertainment....Brian

Well we will not be going for a barbeque then!! Next door at Medousa is a much better option for a scrumptious meal we would recommend this taverna for a great night out.  Look out Babis here we come with Dotty & Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you soon x x x  

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 10:11:25 PM »
Quote from: Woodchop
Well we will not be going for a barbeque then!! Next door at Medousa is a much better option for a scrumptious meal we would recommend this taverna for a great night out.  Look out Babis here we come with Dotty & Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you soon x x x  

We'll see you there too - Wednesday evening - Medousa    -  large numbers of fellow Saga Louts converging on Plakias at the same time. Some of their spies already there   . Livicon bar fully booked. :'(

John R

Offline Woodchops mate

• View Profile
Name that Taverna
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 10:15:34 PM »
Quote from: John R

We'll see you there too - Wednesday evening - Medousa    -  large numbers of fellow Saga Louts converging on Plakias at the same time. Some of their spies already there   . Livicon bar fully booked. :'(

John R

See you there or be square!!!!  

Paul, Irene, Dotty & Gary x x x x x x x x x

Offline Denis and Chris

• View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 08:43:14 AM »
Quote from: Woodchops mate

John R

Hello Paul (Woodchop)

As you and Irene, Dotty and Gary are staying next door to us, keep the noise down.

See you there.

Dotty if you are reading this I am getting emails coming back to me not being delivered.

Denis and Chris  

Whats with the name?

John R

John I have heard there is already a long queue right back to Medousas.

But as Dennis told us in May Saga Louts, Skeelos Club and members of the growing old disgracefully group will get priority seating.

Offline Woodchops mate

• View Profile
Name that Taverna
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 10:04:33 AM »
Quote from: Denis and Chris
Quote from: Woodchops mate

John R

Hello Paul (Woodchop)

As you and Irene, Dotty and Gary are staying next door to us, keep the noise down.

See you there.

Dotty if you are reading this I am getting emails coming back to me not being delivered.

Denis and Chris  

Whats with the name?

If you are not a "nag" over the balcony noise we will explain later?

Woodchop

John R

John I have heard there is already a long queue right back to Medousas.

But as Dennis told us in May Saga Louts, Skeelos Club and members of the growing old disgracefully group will get priority seating.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 10:55:36 AM »

Do we get placed on the top table if a member of all  3 groups !!!!  

(Just thrown one of our cats out of a suitcase !!)

John R

Offline Denis and Chris

• View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »

Do we get placed on the top table if a member of all  3 groups !!!!  

(Just thrown one of our cats out of a suitcase !!)

John R
You are finding things in your case like cats also.Do not think much of packing everything in your suitcase.They have not increase the baggage allowance to take into account the items you pack normally in holdall. Only allowed 20kg with Excel.

Certainly, John as a founded member with ourselves it warrants seating on the top table!!!!! with the peanuts served in a silver bowl.!!

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 01:05:28 PM »
Only allowed 20kg with Excel.

23kg with British airways    

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Name that Taverna
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 05:21:46 PM »
Quote from: The Murrays
Also the "O Tasomanolis" Sunset Taverna was one of our favourites, we had some excellent fish there.

The Murrays  
As this topic has gone off-topic...  

Next to the Tasomanolis is the ATLANTIS which I can heartily recommend: fantastic food, huge portions, attentive service, great value for money...  Don't be fooled by the unassuming exterior; this is a gem!  
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος