Author Topic: Apollo Philoxenia  (Read 4497 times)

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
Apollo Philoxenia
« on: November 22, 2018, 05:50:12 PM »
Hi all. Me and Travel Companion are toying with resuming our on/off relationship with Plakias after a bit of a break. I see that Olympic have slightly expanded their accommodation list and at the moment are offering Apollo Philoxenia. Just a couple of questions- where in Plakias is it and does anyone have experience of staying there?

Offline steven

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://members.ziggo.nl/steefbez/
    • Email
Re: Apollo Philoxenia
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 06:42:57 PM »
No trees were killed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons became terribly excited.

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 01:50:19 PM »
Not hard at all Steven, assuming I wanted to make the effort of translating Trip Advisor reviews from Dutch, and also don’t mind landing on a page promoting a similarly named hotel in Malia. But thanks anyway for troubling to send the link .
And just to say I’d still be very happy to hear from anybody on the Forum with some direct knowledge of the Apollo  :)

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »
Hi, I can tell you where The Apollo apartments are, but I have never stayed there, always been to Costas Chrysoulla. The Apollo apartments are immediately due north of Costas, on the same small side street off the street that comes from the seafront toward the countryside. It was quiet there when we visited this October, but in pst years, in season, it always seemed lively. Got a pool and bar, and, like Costas, very close to everything.
Olympic must have only just added this place in the last few days, probably a reaction to reduced capacity elsewhere, The Apollo would be somewhere I would seriously consider, along with Manolis apartments, but the latter is not in Olympic, only if you go indepenently, which is easy, given that Olympic only use Easyjet, you can book yourselves, and that no transfers are included, so a 220 euro return taxi (from Zak) is also needed.
Hope this helps.

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 10:28:51 PM »
That’s really very helpful JB. Above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks ever so. Interesting point as well about going independently- Olympic almost seem to be pushing people to do it!

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 12:40:59 PM »
I think it is the Apollo apartments at the back of Costas Chrysoulas....our room overlooked them last year. They always seem very nice....lovely pool, small bar, yoga classes....popular with German tourists and just as close to the village centre.

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 09:54:04 AM »
Thank you Jackie  :)

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 11:28:27 AM »
Please remember it's not necessary to take a taxi. The local bus service takes a bit longer but costs a lot less and is an enjoyable experience.