Author Topic: Re Lance Chilton - HELP NEEDED  (Read 2904 times)

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Re Lance Chilton - HELP NEEDED
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:48:34 PM »
I'm hoping one of the long standing Plakias regulars can help with this request I received today.

• First I'll explain a bit about myself. My name is Rutger Niemeijer, I'm a 22-year old student from the Netherlands.
    For my studies, Ecology and Wildlife, I am doing an internship at Archipelagos, an organisation on the Greek island Samos.
    With a few other people, I'm trying to make a list, or an index, of the plant species on the island. During our research we found a post you made in 2014 which said that Mr. Lance Chilton has sadly passed away. As you might know he once authored a book titled 'Plant list for Samos'. This work would be very useful to have for us. Since we couldn't find it online I was wondering if you perhaps know any place where we can find a digital version of the book, or if there is anyone on the island that we could borrow the work from.
    My e-mail is rutgerniem@gmail.com, in case you want to answer this question.
    I hope to hear from you soon.
    Yours sincerely,
    Rutger Niemeijer

It looks as if Rutger is engaged on some important work - could anyone help please?
John - Ostraco

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Re Lance Chilton - HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 02:30:49 PM »
I hope someone here will be able to help him, but have you suggested to Rutger that he put the question on the English language TripAdvisor Samos Forum?  He doesn't appear to have asked there, and there may be a better chance of an answer. He may have to word it in such as way that doesn't give away that he is doing research, to stay within TripAdvisor guidelines.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g189480-i1351-Samos_Northeast_Aegean_Islands.html

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 04:51:04 PM »
Thanks Arnaki - I've passed your message on.
John
John - Ostraco

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
I had a really nice mail from Rutger:
  • Thank you very much! A mister going by the name Roger Foden, who occasionally reads the forum, saw your post.
    He sent me an e-mail to a link to download a digital version.
    I would like to thank you very much for your help. It really gives the project an enormous boost.
    If there's anything I can do in return, just let me know
In acknowledging his reply, I said:
  • Many thanks for your reply. I am so glad one of the Plakias regulars was able to help!
    Nothing is needed in return – just keep up the good work, and keep us informed of developments!
And many thanks from me to Roger!
John - Ostraco

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 02:06:17 PM »
That's brilliant. I am so glad someone could help.