Author Topic: apollon  (Read 9176 times)

Offline Beachlizard

• View Profile
    • Email
apollon
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »
Hello everyone, just got back on 6th Sept from the Apollon studios and have to agree with Delia on the basics of these apartments. However I have a few things to add, the apartments although dated and basic are kept scrupulously clean as is the grounds and pool. We found the apartments to be very quiet and more geared up for middle aged people which is good for me, I was very pleased at the helpfulness of the staff and all in all thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, I would go back to these apartments but I was told by the Czech lady who runs the pool bar that August is a very noisy and busy month because of children however the rest of the year is very quiet. The Kosmar brochure recomended a torch but there is absolutely no need for one as it is very well lit up. If I were to award points I would give the apartments 6/10 the pool and grounds 8/10 for those going to Apollon I would recommend taking a travel kettle and iron because there are none available from anywhere.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
apollon
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 12:49:15 PM »
Just back from the Apollon - overall we preferred it to Costas Chrysoulla but would probably opt for something like Stella (where we were last year) next time as it would be quieter. The Kosmar rooms have small balconies - not ideal if you have gone with friends as we did. The rooms are a good size and we liked having the kitchen separated from the sleeping/living area. Cleanliness very good although we did go 4 days without a linen change at the end of our holiday. Apollon was the best place we have been for hot water - plenty of it at all times of the day.

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
apollon
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Just back from the Apollon - overall we preferred it to Costas Chrysoulla but would probably opt for something like Stella (where we were last year) next time as it would be quieter. The Kosmar rooms have small balconies - not ideal if you have gone with friends as we did. The rooms are a good size and we liked having the kitchen separated from the sleeping/living area. Cleanliness very good although we did go 4 days without a linen change at the end of our holiday. Apollon was the best place we have been for hot water - plenty of it at all times of the day.

Met a couple who arrived at Lamon on 12 September, who had booked the Apollon with Kosmar, but on arrival were told that Kosmar had dropped the property since it was not up to their standards, but they had not been advised before they left UK. (Presume it was you dropped into the poo by Head Office Ali. Don't answer that, they may read the Forum).

They had gone around and looked at the place and said it had obviously been refurbished and seemed OK to them. They said that the people running the Kri Kri now controlled the Apollon.

Mike

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
apollon
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 06:57:12 PM »
Writing as a shop owner down the street from Apollon...... these rooms were run last year by the KriKri brothers but their lease ended last year.  The original family who own the Apollon (cousins of Stelios from Ostraco) have now taken back the control of the property.  They have now refurbished the rooms and they are looking good.

Ali

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
apollon
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave
Writing as a shop owner down the street from Apollon...... these rooms were run last year by the KriKri brothers but their lease ended last year.  The original family who own the Apollon (cousins of Stelios from Ostraco) have now taken back the control of the property.  They have now refurbished the rooms and they are looking good.

Ali

Ali,

Thanks for the info. I assume the couple had been early bookers, since the Apollon was not on the Kosmar site when I booked on line.

Mike