Author Topic: Ryanair  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
Ryanair
« on: December 22, 2012, 10:15:49 AM »
I read that Ryanair is to open a base in Chania & that Bristol is one of the UK airports to be used. That seems good news for those of us in the West Country who can now for the first time fly into Chania  without going to Gatwick. However  too late for 2013 because we have already booked with easyjet.  Ryanair seem to receive more customer complaints than most other airlines but I wonder if we  should just forget that for the convenience of arriving in Chania by air. Also I believe that the Chania airport experience is a lot better than Heraklion.
A  very  happy Christmas to all Plakians & great holidays in 2013
Stuart

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Re: Ryanair
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
. Also I believe that the Chania airport experience is a lot better than Heraklion.
A  very  happy Christmas to all Plakians & great holidays in 2013
Stuart

First a merry Christmas to all readers.

I haven't used Chania but have only heard good things. However our last three experiences of Heraklion Airport, both in and out were not bad at all. No queuing, plenty of seats, cafe not bad at all etc etc. certainly a vast improvement over the horrors of the old days. Perhaps we just hit it lucky - but 3 times in a row ??

Offline ireneandian

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ryanair
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »
Hi, we must have been unlucky, our departure from Chania was horrendous. Hurded like sheep, then checked through departure gate, no time for dutyfree shop because of queueing, even before our delayed plane arrived on runaway. Aircon, almost non-existant. Merry Christmas to all.