Plakias > Plakias

Seafront work

(1/3) > >>

Noggy:
Difficult for me to see from the webcams but does anyone know what's happening to the seafront? Some type of building work?

Barny:
Looks very different, any ideas?
Barny.

shinaria:
Copy and paste: "Installation of new and bigger waterpipes.....Due to more and more buildings and more and more tourism more water is needed....A new pipe is brought from Kourtalioti gorge via the irrigation chanel road to supply Plakias with more water."

Noggy:
That makes sense, thanks. Hope they put in bigger sewage pipes as well.

JBMouse:
If anyone wants to see the works nearing competion, check out this video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJfjFmSm6pk
Zameer Pactyan must live on Crete and has posted a large number of videos from all ove Crete with several of them from Plakias. Watch the whole video or fast forward to 21 minutes when he is just driving down the hill into Plakias from Lefkogia. If my link doesnt pass through scrutiny, just do a search for Zameer Pactyan. Nikos at On The Rocks (Nikos Plakias Ontherocks is his Facebook page) has also posted some videos of the new tarmac being laid outside his place, note the PPE being worn by all (not)!
Hopefully my health will improve and I can make it back to Plakias again soon, been missing it these last 3 years, and after 20 years of going there it has been been difficult being away for so long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version