login

Author Topic: News  (Read 7722 times)

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
News
« on: July 30, 2017, 01:18:37 PM »
Hi all forum members,
Is it a very quite summer this year in Plakias, or nothing new to report or people are having a change. As the forum seems to be very quite so far, only about 12 new posts in the first 3 months of the season. Sadly we won't be arriving until the second half of September so can't help till then.
Yammos all.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: News
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »
I will be there on Wednesday.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:01:39 PM »
And I'll be there on Tuesday - maybe we'll meet this time Barny.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 08:01:55 AM »
You never know....
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 08:48:50 AM »
I hope you both have a good time with the wonderfull people of Plakias and have some good reports to send back from the front line.

Offline FionaCW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:18:22 AM »
Echo that....33 sleeps to go !!

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 10:34:55 AM »
A few more sleeps for us but looking forward to it....especially if it keeps raining here !

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 09:58:49 PM »
Having been to Plakias for the last ten years, I  have to say that we're  Plakias out! !

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 06:39:25 AM »
We will be there tomorrow until end September....so maybe we will have some new news.
Hope we will meet up with you Plak lovers. Yamas.

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 12:02:01 PM »
Are there any new buildings around? I heard  that something would go on at the far-end-resort and around the former meltemi-club. Is this true?

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
For the last 10 years Spottttttt ?.......when I get there in September I'll be celebrating 30 years !...and, to be honest, not a lot has changed for me...that's why I keep going back. Cant wait !

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 09:26:42 PM »
We arrived today. Very windy. There are some new buildings starting - one beside the small set of rooms opposite Alianthos hotels, and a larger development starting behind the Plakias Rrsort (on the way to the far end). So far no further development at Plakias Resorts, but the sign has been renewed, which may mean a renewed attempted to build. Excuse any errors, drinking raki in Gorgona. Cheers!

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
Hi Arnaki, good to have up to date feedback and hopefully it's not as windy today. Carry on with the medication, raki is one of the best.
I know how every one feels about Plakias it does have that magical drawing quality. Last September we arrived there with every intention of having a change this year, but within 15 minutes whilst still having a welcome drink we decided to book again for this year. 7 more weeks to go.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 03:46:09 PM »
Less windy this morning so just got caked in sand rather than exfoliated by it. This afternoon the wind is back with a vengeance. The building on the back road near Porto Plakias that has been in progress for years looks almost finished now but work has stopped for the season. There is also a new building starting next to it. There is a new taverna on side road which someone mentioned here before. The menu looks good but haven't had time to try it yet.

The boats still go to Preveli, the staff in the tavernas are mainly unchanged. Paralia Bar has closed down. There are more sunbeds on the beach road and On the Rocks beaches, but the Far End is much the same.

If I see any other changes I'll keep them to myself so you have something to discover.

We first came to Plakias about 12 years ago, so we're novices compared to some contributors. What draws me back is the friendly welcome and easy access to a naturist beach. As a disabled person it can be difficult to get to many of the more out-of-the-way beaches.

Arnaki

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »
A very good roundup of information Arnaki, thank you. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.