Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Holiday Companies / Re: Extra checks at passprt control
« Last post by kalloni on August 14, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »
An off topic enquirery, JBMouse you mentioned you were in Lesvos in June, where do you fly from as we were regular visitors to Skala Kalloni until the flights stopped from Manchester.
Plakias / Re: Tourist Event in September
« Last post by kalloni on August 14, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »
Yes it is a annual event, and we have been fortunate enough to be in Plakias at the right time to enjoy most of them. There was one year l think it was 2015 when it was cancelled during the day due to poor weather, (rain and wind.) The car park by the bridge in front of the tavernas is usually cordoned off a day or so before to erect the stage so you get an idea when it is happening.
Plakias / Re: Tourist Event in September
« Last post by John R on August 12, 2017, 09:03:05 PM »
This event has still taken place every year so far. Always on the same date 27 September. So I assume that will indeed be the case this year.
Plakias / Tourist Event in September
« Last post by JeanW on August 12, 2017, 06:22:42 PM »

A few years ago I was on holiday in Plakias late September when a big social event was held in the car park square.  The local tavernas provided food and drink and there was a Greek dancing display, live music and various other entertainments - a fabulous time was had by all.  Does anyone know if this was a one off, or is it a regular annual event.  I ask because I will be in Plakias late next month.
Holiday Companies / Re: Olympic Holidays 2018
« Last post by JeanW on August 12, 2017, 03:55:43 PM »
Thank you for sharing that info with the forum.  I had also noticed the transfer issue and in fact was considering Kalymnos instead of Crete due to the high cost of transfer from Heraklion to Plakias.
Holiday Companies / Olympic Holidays 2018
« Last post by Colin & Sandra on August 12, 2017, 10:33:56 AM »
Looking at Olympics Website for next year it shows transfers for every other Island except all of Crete. So I have rung them this morning, and it seems that the transfers via coach are still happening next year, but you currently need to book over the phone rather than on-line to get confirmation.
So all sorted for next June.
Where to eat...or not! / Re: Throubis (opposite Cozy Cafe)
« Last post by JeanW on August 09, 2017, 05:56:59 PM »
Many thanks for the directions.  I have been to Plakias before but tend to use the tavernas along the front overlooking the sea as I love the views - Gioma being a favourite.
« Last post by Arnaki on August 09, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »
You can access Kosta Chrysoula either through a little passageway or via the road beside the supermarket. So as you go up the road by the supermarket, Throubis is on the left hand side about half way between the sea front and the lane to the back entrance of Kosta Chrysoula. I don't know if you've been to Plakias before so not sure what landmarks to give you. Just down the road from Minoiko. Cozy Backyard (sorry got the name wrong) is a newish bar next to Ksezoni. In short, it is a very short stroll from Kosta Chrysoula.
« Last post by JeanW on August 09, 2017, 09:16:43 AM »
Thanks for recommending.  I will be visiting Plakias in September and would like to visit.  Please could you be more specific about location as I am unfamiliar with the Cozy Café.  BTY I am staying at Kosta Chrysoula, where is it in relation to there.
« Last post by Noopsy on August 08, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »
The taverna is actually called Θρούμπι - pronounced Throumbi - and by all accounts is very good.  I shall be visiting it during my stay in Πλακιάς, and will add a short review on it to my list of restaurants when I get back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10