47 (32.9%)
October
16 (11.2%)
November
1 (0.7%)
December
3 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: How often do you do it?  (Read 23681 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »
Blimey, who went for January??

Barny, didn't you once go then?

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 09:17:10 AM »
I was stil there from the previous august,  plane was late at heraklion!
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline jenny

• View Profile
How often do you do it?
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 11:52:50 PM »
Well I went once in August 1990-something with husband #1.  We got sandblasted so hired a car and went lots of places.

At some time or another since husband #2 who already had the internet, I discovered this forum and my appetite was re-whetted.  We also have had a few 'other' Greek holidays - Corfu, Kos, Lesvos, Skopelos and Crete.

The last couple of years we've had a couple of weeks in Plak (as our main holiday is usually a family carp fishing trip to France where we hire a lake) but this year we went to Makrigialos in May - food was the best we have ever had in Greece, but naturist beach was a bit too far to walk for comfort for me, didn't really want to hire a car just to get to the beach (only there for a week) and to cap it all was a bit of a scramble over a headland which I decided to slide down one time.  As it was grit it didn't do my shins arms etc much good at all, so I had tan and scabs followed by pink and brown, now faded to scars and brown!  -but are currently looking to come to Plak for a week in October.

Whoever it was asked about Skop, I will PM you.
Jenny

Naturist and Hell's Grandma

Offline Jan and Kev

• View Profile
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 11:19:24 PM »
We are newbies to the forum and reading these messages, very newbies to Plakias. My first  experience of Crete was sometime in the early eighties when I stayed in Hersonisos , not a pleasant experience. Have been holidaying on Greek Islands since and especially like Skiathos, Zakynthos, Kos, Corfu and a few others, then Jan (wife) found and booked Plakias in 2005 and we have been back in September each year since. In July this year we visited Vasilikos on Zakythos and spent most of our time on Gerakas beach, a beautiful unspoilt turtle beach which I would highly recommend, but looking forward to September 7th for our return to Plakias

Offline steven

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://members.ziggo.nl/steefbez/
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 08:52:11 PM »
I found some pictures from I think my 3rd or 4th visit, must be around 1988
No trees were killed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons became terribly excited.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:42 PM »
superb pics steven

is the first one damnoni?

i see you are in plak until the 24th, we arrive on the 18th, can I buy you a mythos ?  

chris

Offline steven

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://members.ziggo.nl/steefbez/
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 02:30:36 AM »
Quote from: harribobs
superb pics steven

is the first one damnoni?

i see you are in plak until the 24th, we arrive on the 18th, can I buy you a mythos ?  

chris

No the first one is the old dirt road to souda.

Those pics were taken with a throw away camera, too bad i couldn't sharpen them a bit.

I hope i will see you next month.
Usually at nighttime i stay at the Ostraco, Smerna or when it's getting late at Joe's.
I can't refuse a free beer  but usually (being dutch) i drink an amstel.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:32:40 AM by steven »
No trees were killed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons became terribly excited.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »
Quote from: steven
I hope i will see you next month.
Usually at nighttime i stay at the Ostraco, Smerna or when it's getting late at Joe's.
I can't refuse a free beer  but usually (being dutch) i drink an amstel.

i'll probably catch you at the ostraco or nefaro then!

have a great time

chris

Offline Melusina

• View Profile
    • Email
How often do you do it?
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 06:58:50 PM »
I can assure everyone that January is a wonderful time to be in Plakias - peace, tranquillity but also enough people to make it a fascinating place to be.  Quieter than the summer and autumn obviously, but just a very special and wonderful experience.

alan

How often do you do it?
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 11:45:21 AM »
Quote from: Melusina
I can assure everyone that January is a wonderful time to be in Plakias - peace, tranquillity but also enough people to make it a fascinating place to be.  Quieter than the summer and autumn obviously, but just a very special and wonderful experience.

I first went in 1992 as a second holiday after redundancy, did not fancy California at all, and have never looked back. Travel agent was amazed that I wanted to go to such a small, quiet place (she was an 18-30 type) and daughter of a friend.
 Been going to Greece since 1984 with occasional visit elsewhere but now do Plakias and northern European city, our culture bit, immediately either before or after.
 The annoying part of it is the change of flight time back to Glasgow from 2pm to 2am, 12 hours extra but to leave and arrive in the middle of the night. Not Nice, especially as with usual efficiency Olympic tend to get us there with about 5 minutes to spare.

Offline bwian

• View Profile
How often do you do it?
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »
Quote from: Ploppy
Plakias certainly has its fair share of returning visitors each year.

Paul

First found Plakias while on a hotel-based holiday in Northern Crete.

Returned years later, and stayed for a couple of years in Georgioupolis, travelling regularly down to Plakias - then, about five years ago, found a base down there and we've stayed there ever since (that's every holiday ever since!)

)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:11:53 PM by bwian »