Author Topic: GETTING ABOUT  (Read 2823 times)

Offline John & Zell

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
GETTING ABOUT
« on: May 13, 2004, 04:25:01 PM »
We have been to Plakias 12 yrs running now and appart from the first 2 yrs have always done flight only which means having to hire a car, for anyone who has ever done this it can be pretty daunting.
In the past we have used all the big name companies   and had some very bad experiences, 2 times no car, 1 time no spare wheel, 1 time spare wheel had punture (whilst at Preveli), and worst of all last year a brake failure nearly killing us.
So after enquiring at the new taxi office (opposite doctors) I obtained a list of prices for various destinations including from and to the airport and after adding it all up I found it was cheaper than hiring a car (AUTOMATIC) for 2 weeks.
 It was only when someone told me to look at the INTERKRITI web site for something that I noticed the car and bike section, there are about 20 different companies, and after looking through them all and discounting some because of price or unavaiability of an automatic I set to sending Emails to about 10 I liked the look of. 8 out of the 10 replied and after finding one I liked, namely AUTOWAY
I sent another Email to them explaining my previous bad experiences only to recieve one back explaining the company policies and that it was a very long established family bussiness, offered me a very good price, and a full writen gaurentee that if I was not 100% happy I could have a full refund.
  It has always been my policy to support the locals when in Crete (after a while I think you get to know who the ripoff merchants are.)
When you get to my age you just want to get to Plakias and relax without any stress.
I do not normaly give recomendations but after corresponding with AUTOWAY several times I am more than happy to do so.  
So if anyone out there is interested in giving them a try here are the details.
Autoway rent a car
Tel:+30(28310)54105
Fax:+30(28310)55782
Email:info@autoway.gr
See what you think
John & Zell

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
GETTING ABOUT
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 12:33:33 AM »
Thanks for sharing - so useful to have such information available!
John - Ostraco