login

Author Topic: Far End  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Keith

• View Profile
Far End
« on: September 21, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »
On previous trips to Plakias, mainly in July, it has been a pleasure to walk along to the Far End at 9:30 - 10:00 and find sun loungers available, even on the front row. Why is it that in September, yes when it's busier possibly, people feel the need to go along before the sun has risen - I know this because I witnessed it during an early morning run - and 'reserve' their sun loungers by putting towels on them? On one particular occasion someone had put towels on a pair of sun loungers, very early, and then did not appear until nearly 12:00. They then left, with everything for the day, about 1.1/2 hrs later! I along with a number of other people were staggered at the selfish behavior they exhibited in doing this. I'm sure this topic has been discussed previously, but until people are brave enough to remove unused towels and claim the sun loungers for themselves, this will continue. I think that there should be a time cut off point, say 10:00am, and if no one has come to use the sun loungers by then, then they are up for grabs. Luckily this practice doesn't happen at Souda beach.     

Offline Rogataber

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Far End
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »
Many of these "reserved" sun loungers are "booked" by consortia of people (usually with hire cars) who put towels for many couples in a single visit. Then, as you say, "booked" people don't turn up for hours later! I dislike this selfish practice so much that I am reluctant to visit Plakias again (having been a regular visit in the past. I would certainly support a "chuck-em off by 10.00 or 1030 policy!

Offline bryhy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:14:53 AM »
Staying at Paligremnos it was kinda amusing to watch people drive up in their cars at 7.30 to reserve their beds and then then drive off again to presumably have breakfast.  Seemed mainly the British. Bit like Groundhog Day, with exactly the same beds being reserved!

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »
Sad people....

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 01:46:20 PM »
I totally agree and have complained in  previous years, too. As others have said, this seems to be mainly the Brits.

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 04:54:37 PM »
Needs stopping, totally unfair!