login

Author Topic: Plakias Heroes 2013  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
Plakias Heroes 2013
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »
Now that the season is virtually over (I flew home from my second visit yesterday) I thought it would be nice to acknowledge those in Plakias who constantly "go that extra kilometre" to ensure Plakias remains that special place which we all just keep returning to.

My nominations for Plakias Heroes are (in no particular order, so alphabetically):

Apostolis.
For the way he has kept the "far end" beach in such good order. In my opinion it's never been better than over the past three years since he took over. He's also a thoroughly charming man!

Georgos at Gorgona.
A big man with a big smile and a big welcome. Georgos always makes any visit to Gorgona a really happy and entertaining experience. And this year he also had the day job of rescuing ladies in distress out at sea!!

Nikos at Ostraco Bar.
I first knew Nikos when he worked at Sofia. For the past 3 years he's been at Ostraco. On every visit when he's seen me walk past Ostraco he's welcomed me back to Plakias (again) as if I was a long lost friend - and I've never used his bar. He truly is a great ambassador for Plakias

Ploppy, our administrator (I think)
Thanks for making this forum available. I love following it and find it not only entertaining but very informative. Yammas!

Maybe others members would like to make nominations for their Heroes and Heroines, and some may even wish to nominate Villains - though from what I've read all Villains will be corporates!

P.S. I've now started using Ostraco so Nikos's marketing tactic finally paid off!!

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Plakias Heroes 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
I would nominate,

Antonis, Maria and Nikos from Antonis place,
Good service, good food and cold beer for the last 24 years!

Also.....

Pavlos and his crew at Kyma,
Good beer, good food good service and friendly regulars!
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »
I would like to say a big "Thank you" to everyone who works so hard to look after us holiday makers, and who stay friendly and welcoming to the very end. 

I hope everyone who works over the winter still manages to start the new tourist season refreshed, and that everyone else gets a good rest.

Looking forward to returning in August 2014.

Arnaki

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »
It would be invidious to mention the heroes as there are so many and I might miss one. Some anti-heroes though:

1. Olympic Holidays for having the nasty habit of changing flight times substantially when you are in resort and can't change the way you have travelled to the airport. Please use better airlines in future! I hope the fact that their prices are up a bit for 2014 means they have taken this on board.

2. The Olympic rep. for his cavalier attitude to the above and not being at his advertised appearances to discuss it (and then lying about it). Also for boasting how he wasn't allowed by Olympic to recommend tavernas and then blatantly recommending Gorgona (can anyone suggest a reason why he might do this).

3. The man surreptitiously videoing at the far end in May (and apparently later as well).

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »
Our appreciation goes to evie and markos at the stella apartments, apostolis on the far end, jorgos, his wife antonia and the guys at paligremnos, nikos at antony's, yiannis at corali, sifis at sifis, yiannis and wife at the taverna above the village (name escapes me).

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
Definitely Evie and Markos of Stella. Their unsung support for some of our less fortunate UK visitors over the last two seasons has been simply way beyond their call of duty. Their care and attention to us more fortunate guests (the majority) has also been way over the top.