login

Author Topic: What's happening with Stella Pensions??  (Read 11705 times)

Offline Jaffa

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What's happening with Stella Pensions??
« on: September 26, 2004, 09:26:56 PM »
Could anyone who recently stayed at the Stella Pensions shed a bit of light as to what the future now holds for Stella and Yanni now that First Choice have pulled out of Plakias?  Anyone know if we can book them independently, or have they been taken over by another foreign company? Also can anyone recommend accomodation for a family of four (2 children  11 and 7) with a private balcony, as we normally go on our own but want to take the kids next year.    

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 09:39:37 PM »
Somewhere recently on this forum someone said they had seen a poster at Stella pension inviting people to book with them privately for next season.

We will be there from Wednesday morning onwards and it is probable that we will book privately with them for next September. Knowing their lack of English I have pre-prepared a calendar with dates, contact details etc clearly marked thereon.

Will report back soon after my return on 13 October.

John R
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 09:41:00 PM by John R »

Offline Jaffa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 09:45:34 PM »
Thanks John. Hope you have a lovely time  - any information will be greatly appreciated!

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 11:17:51 PM »
Thanks John. Hope you have a lovely time  - any information will be greatly appreciated!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2508\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do Stella provide hand and bath towels does anyone know?. Kosmar Studios do not.  :'(

Here's hoping its not too windy as we are beach bums.

Dotty

Dotty

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 08:34:16 AM »
Hand and Bath towels are provided. The room was kept very clean when we were there. Have Fun

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 10:08:59 AM »
Hand and Bath towels are provided. The room was kept very clean when we were there. Have Fun
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2512\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Graham and Karen less to pack now will try to have fun not too sure if we will be able to in Plakias  .
Looking forward to meeting everyone again.  
Including Gary the Rep (never said that before).
Dotty
Dotty

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 10:41:10 AM »
Thanks Graham and Karen less to pack now will try to have fun not too sure if we will be able to in Plakias  .
Dotty
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2513\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looking forward to seeing you there as well. Do introduce yourself - I'm a zomby when it comes to recognising the obvious. Have been know to walk past my wife in the street without noticing  

Re Stella, yes towels provided and changed frequently - rooms kept imaculate. Fridge provided but no cooking facilities - not even a kettle. Take travel kettle, + mugs if you need them - plenty of plugs. Air conditioning available at extra cost.

John R

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 09:07:40 PM »
Dotty
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2513\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looking forward to seeing you there as well. Do introduce yourself - I'm a zomby when it comes to recognising the obvious. Have been know to walk past my wife in the street without noticing  

Re Stella, yes towels provided and changed frequently - rooms kept imaculate. Fridge provided but no cooking facilities - not even a kettle. Take travel kettle, + mugs if you need them - plenty of plugs. Air conditioning available at extra cost.

John R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2514\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Will do if we recognise anyone, probably speak as we are staying same place anyway. Off to bed now early start tomorrow don,t wake us if you are late in!!

Dotty
Dotty

Offline Jaffa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 06:24:22 PM »
Has anyone lucky enough to have been in town recently found out anymore info on the Stella Pensions. We are trying to sort out next years trip and fancy booking with them privately. Any help?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 07:42:03 PM by Jaffa »

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 08:56:24 PM »
Has anyone lucky enough to have been in town recently found out anymore info on the Stella Pensions. We are trying to sort out next years trip and fancy booking with them privately. Any help?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2594\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - me  - just got back yesterday after 2 super weeks in Plakias, staying at Stella pension and also in the company of forum member Dotty and her Husband - two very super people .

Stella are taking private bookings for next year - and I booked with them for the same two September weeks next year (2005) - I already have confirmed flights.

They are charging 30 euro per room per night including breakfast.

Their son Marcos speaks English and you need to ring or fax him (same number) on :-

That info is on a hand written notice in reception and Marcos also wrote it on the back of the card for me.

Stella number (reading from their card) is :-

(0832)31.615 - 31.959

Little point ringing them on that number due to their lack of English

That is the number he gave me. Not sure yet about the 2832 as the prefix is usually 0832  - someone else on this forum might help here.

He has asked me to ring him about 5 days before I set off to confirm the room number so that I know which room to look for on my very early morning arrival. All things being equal he is booking me into the room I requested.

Marcos said he or his wife are nearly always at home and both speak English.

Hope the above helps

John R.

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 10:33:04 PM »
My experience of Greek telephone numbers is that the number you have for Macros will be correct - just add 0030 in front to dial Greece.

The Stella number is 2 or 3 years out of date. It will now be: 28320 31615 and 28320 31959.

Greecemad.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 10:34:37 PM by Greecemad »

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 07:26:54 AM »
The Plakias Guide confirms this. Telephone 0030 28320 31615. It also gives a fax No. 0030 28320 31956. Info should also be available at the website - www.plakias-filoxenia.gr but it was down when I tried it just now.

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 02:37:56 PM »
quote=John R,Oct 14 2004, 08:56 PM]
Quote from: Jaffa,Oct 14 2004, 06:24 PM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2594\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - me  - just got back yesterday after 2 super weeks in Plakias, staying at Stella pension and also in the company of forum member Dotty and her Husband - two very super people .

Stella are taking private bookings for next year - and I booked with them for the same two September weeks next year (2005) - I already have confirmed flights.

They are charging 30 euro per room per night including breakfast.

Their son Marcos speaks English and you need to ring or fax him (same number) on :-

That info is on a hand written notice in reception and Marcos also wrote it on the back of the card for me.

Stella number (reading from their card) is :-

(0832)31.615 - 31.959

Little point ringing them on that number due to their lack of English

That is the number he gave me. Not sure yet about the 2832 as the prefix is usually 0832  - someone else on this forum might help here.

He has asked me to ring him about 5 days before I set off to confirm the room number so that I know which room to look for on my very early morning arrival. All things being equal he is booking me into the room I requested.

Marcos said he or his wife are nearly always at home and both speak English.

Hope the above helps

John R.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
Thank you JR very nice to meet you and your good lady too. And the rest off the "pensioners".[attachment=71:attachment]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 02:39:56 PM by DOTTY »
Dotty

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 07:30:23 PM »
Thank you JR very nice to meet you and your good lady too. And the rest off the "pensioners
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2601\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sadly it seems that most of the Stella Pensioers for our 2 weeks are not rebooking at Stella. So it is likely that is the demise of that named group.  

However we are all going to be scattered around Plakias and surely will meet most evenings in Livicon. I heard another reference to us which perhaps might be a fitting new name for "our" group which meets in the so called Plakias British Legion Headquarters (Livicon Bar). The reference was to "The Saga Louts"  

John R

Offline eddie and alan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 06:45:37 AM »
Thank you JR very nice to meet you and your good lady too. And the rest off the "pensioners
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2601\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sadly it seems that most of the Stella Pensioers for our 2 weeks are not rebooking at Stella. So it is likely that is the demise of that named group.  

However we are all going to be scattered around Plakias and surely will meet most evenings in Livicon. I heard another reference to us which perhaps might be a fitting new name for "our" group which meets in the so called Plakias British Legion Headquarters (Livicon Bar). The reference was to "The Saga Louts"  

John R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]