Author Topic: help fro a place to stay  (Read 3498 times)

Offline raya

• View Profile
    • Email
help fro a place to stay
« on: May 28, 2007, 09:33:49 AM »
 Dear Friends,

We decided to come to Plakias at the end of June. We are a couple with a baby. I was looking for a nice apartment near the beach with a pool. Unfortunately a didnt find anything exept the Alianthos hotel and the Porto Plakia hotel. I even talked to Amso travel and they told me that all aprtments with pools are booked ...

Can you help us?. I read at the forum that you recommand the Alianthos hotel. If it is the same place are there any numbers ior rooms which are better?
Do you know the porto plakia? Isnt it too "Hotelish" and not authentic?
I prefer a nice small greec style place and not a touristic all inclusive hotel.

thanks,

Raya

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
help fro a place to stay
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 02:00:13 PM »
Quote from: raya
Dear Friends,

We decided to come to Plakias at the end of June. We are a couple with a baby. I was looking for a nice apartment near the beach with a pool. Unfortunately a didnt find anything exept the Alianthos hotel and the Porto Plakia hotel. I even talked to Amso travel and they told me that all aprtments with pools are booked ...

Can you help us?. I read at the forum that you recommand the Alianthos hotel. If it is the same place are there any numbers ior rooms which are better?
Do you know the porto plakia? Isnt it too "Hotelish" and not authentic?
I prefer a nice small greec style place and not a touristic all inclusive hotel.

thanks,

Raya

Hi Raya & welcome to the forum,

There isn't much choice as alot of places in Plakias don't have pools. The Alianthos Garden ( not the one mentioned above) Does have pool & a tiny baby one & small play area, the hotel is very nice a bit hotelish but still very Greek.

Try looking at this website www.plakias-filoxenia.gr they have a listing of all properties .

I can think of a few Kostas & Chrysoula apartments have a nice pool as does Apollo, but no sea view. Hotel Mytis ( not sure if spelt right) or Stefano's Village in Mirthios. Has a pool with an amazing view, very nice rooms no expense spared but the price reflects that.

If you can't find one with a pool though you can always go & use one of the pools at any of the above they never seem to mind, we always buy a drink & ice cream etc so not to appear rude.

Hope that's of some use.

Rowena & Carl

Offline John & Zell

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
help fro a place to stay
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »
Hi. Raya,
Try the Hotel Lamon, a nice little pool with sunbeds, parasols etc. and only 15 mtrs from the beach.
we have stayed there for the last 14 yrs and would rearly recomend it, in fact we will be back on 26th June for 2 weeks
All the best of luck
John & Zell

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
help fro a place to stay
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:52:07 PM »
We have not been to Plakias yet but I have one thing you can try ...

Click on the "Plakias Map" button, at the top of the window.

Zoom in and scroll around the satellite image, looking for pools -
then click on the information button to identify the particular accommodation.

Hope that proves a good idea for you.
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
help fro a place to stay
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »
Having been many times, I can recomend the Alianthos garden hotel. As stated earlier it has small and large pools and plenty of area for small children, and i will say its very cretan to me!!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?