login

Author Topic: New Taverna in Sellia village above Plakias  (Read 5010 times)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
New Taverna in Sellia village above Plakias
« on: May 05, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
A new place to eat has opened in Sellia village with beautiful views over Plakias. All photos courtesy of  Andi Pfau Fotografie.
The Taverna is called " Merastri" which means Venus in English has been opened by brothers and sister Ani , Georgios and Vasili.
May be worth a visit and the food is supposed to be fantastic. Will definitely be visiting as they are good friends with Elefteria of MinoIko Taverna in Plakias.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: New Taverna in Sellia village above Plakias
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 12:02:52 AM »
As usual, the photos you post make the place come alive, even if you didn't take these yourself. It is almost possible to feel the breeze, smell the brush and hear the cicadas. We haven't been to Sellia, as we don't hire a car, but it might be worth a taxi trip.

Arnaki

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
Terrible news from Plakias today, a large fire started around 5am & most of the tavernas on the sea front are burnt down, there are two still standing at the harbour end.
We don't know all details yet but will report later.
Just as the season was getting off to a wonderful start it is so tragic.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 09:55:31 AM »
Thank you Arnaki.
What awful news for people in Plakias, to lose a business right at the start of the tourist season.  Wishing all the best to everyone. We are still shocked at this terrible news.

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:23:25 PM »
Hi Voloudakis, this looks a really nice taverna, where is it located in Silia. From the first picture it looks like the hill with the big church and cemetery in the background.
Thanks Kalloni.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 06:09:39 PM »
I think that it's situated on the left-hand side as you approach the village from the East. I did prefer the look of it to the new taverna in Myrthios, which looked very nice in one sense but trying to be a bit too grand, I feel. Prefer traditional, or at least my take on what is traditional.

Still, don't judge a book by the cover, haven't tried either so something to look forward to next year!

Richard

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:24:59 PM »
Thanks Richard, that seems to be the same area that i am thinking about, to the left has you come up the road from Plakias. i have not seen a picture of the Myrthios taverna but hopefully will be visiting both later in the year.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »
The new Myrthios taverna is called 'Vrisi'. I am pretty sure that Voloudakis has posted some images. Panorama has been there for ages and looks, at least, more like what I am used to, but to be fair, I have only tried the Plakias tavernas.

I'd be very interested indeed in your opinion if you try either (or both!), although likely won't be back until 2016 now...

Richard

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 09:56:14 PM »
Sorry for delay. Yes the new Taverna is on the left in Sellia/Selia
Photograph of owners, you can probably tell the position by the background.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:23:52 AM by Voloudakis »

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 10:10:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply Voloudakis, the picture does indeed show the location of the taverna, in the area that I imagined it to be. Looking forward to trying it later in the year.