Author Topic: Just booked  (Read 15969 times)

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Just booked
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
Hi Daza,

You don't need the email - the £100 per person is already taken off the price on the website (notionally!).  However I think even Einstein would struggle to work out the algorithm that sets the Olympic prices and daily fluctuations.

If you are waiting for your late deal, I have noticed in the past that when the Germania flight is full (or no longer running as in October from Manchester), the cost gets more expensive the closer you get to the date, presumably due to the scheduled flight companies' policy of putting their prices up for last minute travellers. 

The supplement for the Germania day flight from Manchester is high this year, but I am unwilling to arrive in the middle of the night and spend the last day roomless.  At the moment the supplement for Jet2 from Manchester would have been nearly £300 pp on top of the price of the holiday!

Even though I'm jealous of those who manage to get an off peak cheap holiday, I will be philosphical.  If Plakias were cheap and easy to get to, it would not be Plakias.

Arnaki

Offline TonyH

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 02:48:15 PM »
Arnaki

I agree that supplements are totally unreal.  Checking Jet2 flights from LBA with Olympic, supplements are £272pp.  Mind you two weeks in KC from LBA on 19May will cost an eye opening £832pp!!!

From Manchester when default flights are with Germania, there is an option to fly Jet2 (amongst others) and the supplements are an unbelievable £599pp.  Jet2 flights from Man to Her are only £775 for two people!!!  Olympic pricing has always confused me, but while ever they come up with bargains now and again I will continue to use them, having had no major problems in the ten years we have used them.
Hope everyone's Plakias holiday in 2015 goes as well as expected.

Tony

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
We fly out on 6th June staying in Frangocastelo until 13th then Plakias until 23rd June.
Only met a couple of other forum members in Plakias, so yes , it would be good to have a get together one evening if others are on holiday at this time.
Just booked a car with Autoway, pick up / drop off from the airport. Good service, we used them last year.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »
We fly out on 6th June staying in Frangocastelo until 13th then Plakias until 23rd June.
Only met a couple of other forum members in Plakias, so yes , it would be good to have a get together one evening if others are on holiday at this time.
Just booked a car with Autoway, pick up / drop off from the airport. Good service, we used them last year.

We've used Autoway for multi years now. Always so reliable and utterly helpful and trustworthy. I no longer look for any potentially cheaper options - if there are any

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 10:57:04 AM »
We have used Autoway in the past as well and have been very pleased.
Cheers Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Billy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »
I phone Olympic and ask them for cheaper price than the website. Usually get another £20 to £30 per person off

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 02:54:11 PM »
The calendar is looking pretty bare in terms of events (people staying in Plakias) save for August that is. Anybody would think no one was going this year. Any takers for September and October folks? Just interested in case I manage to bag a deal myself.

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
Even though we r not on the calendar, we go 5th Aug until 30th Sep.
We are staying at the Paligremnos & the food in their tavern is excellent in such a beautiful setting.
Any forum members interested in a meet up, let us know.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
We are there from 22 Sept for 14 days and yesterday booked flight for 26 April 2016 for 14 days which will include the Greek Easter.

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »
We have just returned from Anaxos, Lesvos, and now have to wait 15 weeks for our overdue return to Plakias on 6th. October, affordable thanks to the good deals that Olympic had been offering earlier in the year.
Hopefully the devastation of the fire will have been erased, and some form of normality returned to the tavernas affected.
On a side note: I have now got a taste for Fix beer, I assume it is available draught and bottled in Plakias, but my other half still prefers Mythos!
Ta Leme syntoma Plakias.

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 10:23:11 PM »
Fix is sold in bottles in some taverns and bars.

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »
And in bottles at the large supermarket near the camping ground
Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2015, 09:15:19 AM »
FIX is a brand of Greek lager beer. The FIX brewery was founded in 1864 by the Fuchs family in Athens, Greece (which had come to Greece from Bavaria with King Otto) and grew significantly when owned by Karl Fuchs (in Greek: Κάρολος Ιωάννου Φιξ, Karolos Ioannou Fix) . This became the first major brewery in Greece and made many deliviries to Mediterranean countries where beer is now very popular.

It's well worth a try!!
Fancy a Mythos?

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2015, 09:17:12 AM »
Yup! well worth a try!
Tony

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2015, 10:11:23 AM »
Have you tried the FIX Dark - It's delicious. Don't know if they are going to continue brewing it but I'd continue to buy it (It's supposed to be limited edition). We had a number of bottles from the Kantina bar below the women's cooperative in Petra square, Lesvos last month.
And I must admit - I think I prefer the "normal" Fix to  Mythos - never thought I'd say that!!!

http://www.fixdark.gr/en/index.aspx
http://www.fixdark.gr/en/index.aspx