Author Topic: The Bakery  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Rip

• View Profile
The Bakery
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:44:13 PM »
We're going out in just over 2 weeks and we go into the bakery daily.

I saw in another post that the bakery was closed?

Anyone know if it's now open or when it will be open again?

Thanks!

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Re: The Bakery
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:14:15 PM »
The main bakery, next to the camping site, has been refurbished and re-opened about 2 weeks ago.
Still very much as it was inside but outside has changed somewhat.

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
its now half the size... What about the bakery, the other end by muses? Not seen any work geting done to it recently ?

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »
The bakery have always done the most wonderful cakes. We visit and stay with friends in Asomatos and buy a special cake each visit.

Tony

Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 11:02:47 PM »
Half the size ?
I did not think that the size of the bakery had altered from 2011.

It was very much as it always was, as was the choice and quality of bread and cakes etc.
We used it every day and were well pleased with it.

The outside part had changed but was not fully open when we left 10 days ago so I can't say what that will end up as.

As for the bakery up by Muses, that was closed for the 2 weeks we were in Plakias and showed no signs of re-opening any time soon.

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 08:04:50 AM »
when we went in yesterday,there is now a wall reducing the size. You can now only enter it by the one door. Still excellent quality though :)

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 02:11:39 PM »
its now half the size... What about the bakery, the other end by muses? Not seen any work geting done to it recently ?
I was told it is closed permanently and that the nice lady who worked in there (Elena) has gone abroad to be with family. Just opposite Corali (i.e. a few yards from the bakery in question) is a baker's that sell marvellous full sized cream/iced cakes (not that I would want these personally on holiday) and had the advantage over the baker's opposite Mousses in that the large loaves come from a different source and are there at least an hour earlier in the morning. Maybe they are baked on the premises?

Mike

Offline JaneGary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »
Disappointed to hear about the bakery near Muses. We usually stay at that end of town and popping in there for fresh bread is usually part of my morning ritual. Lovely lady there, she always used to spoil our kids with free cakes etc.

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 11:04:24 AM »
We used to grab the food for the day at the beach there for so many years. So what to do without the trad. spinachcakes?!

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »
We too enjoyed the little bakery opposite Muses, but also used the one at Argo (as mentioned above, near Corali).  They have good bread and spanakopitta, as well as a range of other cakes and pies, so you shouldn't go without, Shinaria.

Arnaki