Author Topic: Itinarary Change from Santa Maria-Olympic  (Read 4641 times)

Offline robbie

• View Profile
    • Email
Itinarary Change from Santa Maria-Olympic
« on: May 23, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »
Hi All,

I have just been informed that I have been moved from Santa Maria to Kostas Chrysoulla because  and I quote "..due to a reduction of our low season allocation.."

My holiday is in 4 weeks time (late June) and frankly we are a bit gutted by this...we have stayed at KC twice before many years ago...and we booked SM because it was out of town a bit and looked nice !

Anyone got any ideas on this....we guess that maybe they havent had many booking at SM and are moving everyone to KC so every one is in the same place..

But thats just my take on it..

Fom 1 very dissappointed traveller..

The upside is that we are still going to Plakias...but..

Not very happy today  

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 05:14:36 PM »
Quote from: robbie
Hi All,

I have just been informed that I have been moved from Santa Maria to Kostas Chrysoulla because  and I quote "..due to a reduction of our low season allocation.."

My holiday is in 4 weeks time (late June) and frankly we are a bit gutted by this...we have stayed at KC twice before many years ago...and we booked SM because it was out of town a bit and looked nice !

Anyone got any ideas on this....we guess that maybe they havent had many booking at SM and are moving everyone to KC so every one is in the same place..

Not very happy today  

Hi Robbie,

I believe you are right concerning the bookings for Santa Maria. It reflects the fears of the owners / tour operators. They have not enough
reservations for the new season. For instance, during the last years we stayed at Emilia and we mostly travelled with Neckermann Germany.
2 months ago I tried a dummy booking for Emilia and all studios/apartments were available. I have heard from our travel agency
that many tour operators cancel bookings for some hotels and "fill up" other hotels. Therefore we decided to travel "independent"
without a tour operator and we were lucky with our decision to stay privat at Castello.
During our stay in Plakias we talked to many people which we met during the last years and they all said the same "we are not sure about
the coming season". How many people will travel to Crete especially to Plakias?
I think you have to accept the changed booking and I believe the cancellation charge would be to expensive.

Nevertheless, enjoy your stay in Plakias.

Kerstin

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:39:23 PM »
Hi All,

Not very happy today  
Hello Robbie,

I have just returned. A couple I met there were told the day before they travelled that they were being moved from SM to Irida, which is opposite. They were happy in Irida. SM is fine but the back apartments have awful views. I was at Dora, which I was very happy with. At Dora the front apartments have awful views but the side ones have quite decent ones. Harribobs didn't like Dora as the hot water situation was poor, but I found there was plenty of hot water.

I'll write some reviews when I have time. I was pleased to find that virtually no prices in Plakias had increased in €, of the things I buy anyway.

I now have 3 litres of raki to last the year!

Little was happening at the development opposite Paligremnos.

Mike

Offline robbie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:56:41 AM »
Thank Mike for your reply. I guess its the sign of the times !

I'm glad to hear about the prices though !

Now here's a question about Kostas/Chrysalou ??!!

We stayed a few years ago in a block just up from KC....was smaller..but it had a pool round the back...and you got to KC by walking down the side of the pool. Is that block actually part of KC ?...I can't remember for the life of me !

Thanks

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 05:23:10 PM »
Thank Mike for your reply. I guess its the sign of the times !

I'm glad to hear about the prices though !

Now here's a question about Kostas/Chrysalou ??!!

We stayed a few years ago in a block just up from KC....was smaller..but it had a pool round the back...and you got to KC by walking down the side of the pool. Is that block actually part of KC ?...I can't remember for the life of me !

Thanks
It's the Apollon - we stayed there a few years ago. Nice, big room, small balcony. Pool and bar were nicer than K&C but the pool was as cold as the Mythos!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:08:33 PM by Graham_and_Karen »

Offline robbie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:06:56 AM »
Cheers Graham & Karen !

Ahh..that name does ring a bell...who used to use them then...was it Kosmar ?

Its a shame that no UK company uses Apollon anymore..I quite liked it there !

Thanks again

Rob

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
Cheers Graham & Karen !

Thanks again

Rob
Around May 14 the pool was still empty. By May 22 the pool was full and there were signs of the rooms being cleaned. I was told last year that Apollo  is contracted to a Czech company and that the Czech's season only starts in June.

Mike

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »
Cheers Graham & Karen !

Thanks again

Rob
Yes - it was Kosmar. We were there in 2006 with friends who wanted a place with a pool. As you say, it was good - unless, like our friends, you had the ground floor studio next to the bar - not so good at 2am and you're trying to sleep.