Author Topic: New Hotel??????  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Yannis

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
New Hotel??????
« on: October 12, 2005, 04:49:48 PM »
When we were over early July, workers were finishing off a new hotel, has anybody seen it recently?

It was massive for Plakias - it is situated off the main road sea on your left hand side - turn right at the Forum heading for the Anna appartments.

We saw a great improvements everyday- as if they had some sort of timescale, I was a bit suprised at this.
Yannis Macinneyous

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Hotel??????
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 04:59:54 PM »
Yes it is finished - looks very plush and rather expensive. Not really what Plakias needed.. Let's hope it isn't followed by others of similar size.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
New Hotel??????
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 08:59:11 PM »
When we were over early July, workers were finishing off a new hotel, has anybody seen it recently?

It was massive for Plakias - it is situated off the main road sea on your left hand side - turn right at the Forum heading for the Anna appartments.

We saw a great improvements everyday- as if they had some sort of timescale, I was a bit suprised at this.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - finished now - We've just got back. It is massive but thankfully at the back of the village. Very unpopular with the locals we spoke to. They say it is aimed almost exclusively at the Czech market.

[attachment=235:attachment]

The place was ful of Czechs over the last two weeks. Nice people but the locals say that they don't spend in the village beyond paying for this accommodation. I can't comment on that but on our last night (Tuesday), Livicon was full of them (spending a bit as well). Marcos of Stella Pension said the last 2 weeks was the busiest of the whole season for Plakias - not for Stella Pension though - more of that later elsewhere. It was certainly more busy thatn I've ever seen it during this period over the last 7 years.

John R

Offline Yannis

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
New Hotel??????
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 04:32:45 PM »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - finished now - We've just got back. It is massive but thankfully at the back of the village. Very unpopular with the locals we spoke to. They say it is aimed almost exclusively at the Czech market.

[attachment=235:attachment]

The place was ful of Czechs over the last two weeks. Nice people but the locals say that they don't spend in the village beyond paying for this accommodation. I can't comment on that but on our last night (Tuesday), Livicon was full of them (spending a bit as well). Marcos of Stella Pension said the last 2 weeks was the busiest of the whole season for Plakias - not for Stella Pension though - more of that later elsewhere. It was certainly more busy thatn I've ever seen it during this period over the last 7 years.

John R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4703\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good picture John - brought back some great memories - I suppose the good thing about the Hotel is that the Livicon is getting some more business. I can see Dennis rubbing his hands and getting his Czech joke book out.

We spent a lot of time in the Livicon this year as we know Dennis and Gorgea from way back. Did you know Dennis used to be a policeman in the early ninties until his gun went off in it's holster - I've got some great photos of the Taxi mafia outside the Livicon - were they still hanging around waiting for business when you were there?
Yannis Macinneyous

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
New Hotel??????
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 07:14:55 PM »
Good picture John - brought back some great memories - I suppose the good thing about the Hotel is that the Livicon is getting some more business. I can see Dennis rubbing his hands and getting his Czech joke book out.

We spent a lot of time in the Livicon this year as we know Dennis and Gorgea from way back. Did you know Dennis used to be a policeman in the early ninties until his gun went off in it's holster - I've got some great photos of the Taxi mafia outside the Livicon - were they still hanging around waiting for business when you were there?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4715\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - we know all about Dennis - but didn't know about gun incident. We consider Dennis as a good friend - a kinder more considerate man I could not expect to meet. His greetings on arrival and his hugs and good wishes on departure are sincere and make the rest of the year between visits seem worthwhile, knowing that he will be there for us on our return. His humour is superb and very British (to us anyway) and his presence is a very large plus for our holiday as a whole. Yes - the Taxi drivers still hang about inside and outside for business. A friendly lot as well - to me anyway.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Hotel??????
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 08:47:21 AM »
Totally agree with you John R, I have been occasionally using the Levicon for years, but this year more as a regular and got to know Dionysis (Dennis) quite well.
Didn't get to meet his other half though, unfortunately.
There's always next year!
george g...