Author Topic: Question re Plakias - Agia Galini ferry  (Read 3488 times)

Offline FionaCW

• View Profile
    • Email
Question re Plakias - Agia Galini ferry
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »
Noticed this (see extract below) on the Sfakia forum about a new ferry route calling into Plakias and wondered if anyone had seen or got any news about it?

"It will make the connection Agia Galini - Plakias - Gavdos. ANENDYK also has a new ticket booth at the Agia Galini harbour. From the 18th of June it will start:

From 1st of June it already is serving the Plakias - Gavdos route"

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
Re: Question re Plakias - Agia Galini ferry
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:02:09 PM »
More information on the ferry website, https://anendyk.gr/?page_id=97#4
It appears to be listed as a day cruise, Not certain if its a full service, but its a good start

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 06:55:17 AM »
Yes there is indeed a regular boat crossing from the new harbour at Plakias to Gavdos it leaves at 10am on a Friday and Sunday Morning and gets back about 7pm so you could do a day trip or even stop over for a couple of nights, its quite a big boat and I think the tickets are 18 euros per person.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:56:05 PM by Frank And Julie »

Offline FionaCW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:10:12 PM »
Excellent - thank you so much for the info.   Would save driving and allow for a small sherry !   We usually spend a couple of days there but I think this would be a nice way to do the trip.  Replies much appreciated - ta !

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 06:46:00 AM »
Forgot to mention you can buy tickets from Anso Travel in the town, note that the boat is big but does not take cars !
Also note that Plakias Boat Tours do private and fishing trips to some private beaches only accessible by boat, we can drop you off and you can swim snorkel and sunbath in complete privacy ! I might even be the Captain ! Details from Tasomanolis Taverna.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 03:48:36 PM »
Excellent - thank you so much for the info.   Would save driving and allow for a small sherry !   We usually spend a couple of days there but I think this would be a nice way to do the trip.  Replies much appreciated - ta !

Fiona,  Looking at the timetable, the schedule doesn't allow a day trip to Agia Galini. It sets off from Agia Galini for Plakias at 8.00am and sets off back again at 1830.  But maybe you have an overnight stay planned.

We are hoping to get a day trip to Gavdos when we are in Plakias at the end of August, now there is this very welcome service.