login

Author Topic: Alterations to Plakias front  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
Alterations to Plakias front
« on: May 10, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
I can't help feeling that the No Parking on the front, and now the fire, has something to do with the new bridge and alterations to the road that is due to happen shortly.
For those unaware, basically the road is to be altered to run along the shore from where the Taxi rank is, over a new bridge on the front edge of the stream, and carry on along the shore to the harbour joining up to the old road just before Gio Ma. All the Businesses that had buildings on the front were going to have to demolish them and re-build them on top of the old road joining on to the main building (kitchen area). From what I understood though, it wasn't due to happen for another year or so, around the same time the back road, and the road up past Stella's was widened.

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Alterations to Plakias front
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 02:12:21 PM »
So no more evening meals within yards of the sea........they certainly know how to damage the tourist trade if this is the proposal and, if today's events were deliberate, then something really should be done.

Offline Santa

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - klausmueller95@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Alterations to Plakias front
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
I think you are all missing a bit of relevant information. That entire strip of eateries was built illegally without permit. Why should these places have special location when all the other restaurants on the strip have the road in front - Seems to work just fine. Personally I like the open feeling and it certainly relieves the ungodly congestion that existed. I feel sorry for the merchants involved as they are caught unprepared. Lucky that his did not happen during busy hours. I understand the whole bunch was leveled in about fourty minutes - no wonder with  the flimsy construction without regard to codes .