login

Author Topic: Platia Bar  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
Platia Bar
« on: May 26, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »
Does anyone know what has happened to the bakery and Platia Bar? Both apparently closed-down?

I think that the Platia Bar tried too hard to be something that it wasn't of late, as opposed to the 'basic' feel it had in the 90s (which I liked) so perhaps no surprise, but I really liked the pastries etc. from the bakery; good for walks in the gorges and to take on the flight home. A shame in both cases anyhow.

Richard
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:01:30 PM by Richard »

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
Re: Platia Bar
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »
I was told by a local three weeks ago that the bakery had closed for the ovens to be upgraded. I do hope so, the bakery and their shop are an integral part of Plakias.

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:16:29 PM »
The bakery will be up & running very soon.....we were told last week.

The Platia bar owners had a dispute & if anyone has seen it lately it has been partially demolished inside.
We agree with the last statement it was great & full of character in it's od state.

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
If I'm thinking of the same bar, I remember this from last year, it seemed to be open some days, then closed... Shame really, as its right on the front !

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
The bakery will be up & running very soon.....we were told last week.

The Platia bar owners had a dispute & if anyone has seen it lately it has been partially demolished inside.
We agree with the last statement it was great & full of character in it's od state.

That's good news about the bakery ... we get our morning bread from there!

Dreadful news about Bar Platia though - we loved it.

fergus

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »
I am reliably informed that Platia Bar is open - sort of. Tables and chairs are at the front but building work is going on at the back.

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
I am reliably informed that Platia Bar is open - sort of. Tables and chairs are at the front but building work is going on at the back.

Hooray!!!!