login

Author Topic: Child friendly restaurants.  (Read 3570 times)

Offline famuijens

• View Profile
    • Email
Child friendly restaurants.
« on: December 25, 2012, 10:19:36 PM »
As we are traveling with two young children (2 and 3 years old) and would like to go out for diner every night, we would like to know if there are restaurants that are very child friendly? Maybe there are restaurants with a small playground (which we enjoyed very much in Pefkos-Rhodos)? Or restaurants with a childrens menu? Are there a lot of different restaurants in Plakias like indian, chinees, italian food or are the most restaurants serving traditional Greece food? All information is ver welcome.

Offline lokena

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Child friendly restaurants.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »
There are 2 tavernas open in Plakias at the moment, they serve Greek food.

One taverna a little outside Plakias Efigenia is vegetarian and has a playground and open Tuesdays only.

To Travel is to Live [Hans Christian Anderson]

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 08:38:34 PM »
In season there there are many restaurants to choose from. Children are generally welcome in all Greek establishments. However I do not know of any ethnic establishments as you describe - all serve agreed food etc. Our favourite restaurant, Medousa is now more friendly towards children with the new young owner but I am not suggesting it is the best in Plakias for Children. If you ask many restaurants for something special for Children the kitchen will do its best to comply.

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:10:33 PM »
The Απανέμο (Apanemo) is good with children though it doesn't have a playground for them.  I seem to recall that Σίφις (Sifis) has children's portions on its menu (I've seen children eating there).  I think there are other restaurants that also offer this option but can't remember which ones they are.

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 11:52:15 AM »
We first took our daughter to Greece when she was 4 months old, and have been going once or twice a year since then, including a few trips to Plakias.  She is now 13.  We would usually order a few things and share, which is perfectly normal in Greece.  Or sometimes she would have a starter for herself.  As she got a bit older she turned to spaghetti, omelettes, small fish or souvlaki. You are best with freshly cooked food, as meat that has been kept warm for several hours isn't always safe for small children.  Several tavernas in Plakias have pasta, pizza and "bifteki" (very nice hamburgers), and are generally very friendly towards children. 

As for play facilities, we would eat at a taverna on the beach side and let her loose on the beach to play with the other children, usually Greek.  But perhaps your children are a bit young for that at the moment.  We always took a colouring book and pens, and she would often entertain herself drawing on the paper table-cloths, which are disposed of anyway, so not an act of vandalism!

Efigenia, as mentioned above, isn't far from Plakias Suites, just up the road beside the new development, turn right at the top (on to the main road) and a left into the next road, where it is a short way down.  The way would be very dark at night, but it is often open in the afternoon.  It does meat as well (at least when I went), but the vegetarian food is lovely.

You have made a good choice with Plakias - enjoy it!

Arnaki

Offline famuijens

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »
Thank you all for the replies. Your information is very helpfull.