login

Author Topic: Olive Trees  (Read 3435 times)

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Olive Trees
« on: July 18, 2004, 09:39:28 PM »
Did anyone notice the damage done bye the snow last winter. When we were in Plakias early May they were sawing every where I wonder how long it will take for the trees to grow back
Dotty

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Olive Trees
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 06:35:11 PM »
Did anyone notice the damage done bye the snow last winter. When we were in Plakias early May they were sawing every where I wonder how long it will take for the trees to grow back
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1990\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Great pic Dotty - and so sad to see the trees in that state.
I was told when we were there in May that it will take about 5 years for the damaged trees to return to the same level of production. Look out for dearer olive oil in Sainsburys!
John - Ostraco

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Olive Trees
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 11:40:34 PM »
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1990\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Great pic Dotty - and so sad to see the trees in that state.
I was told when we were there in May that it will take about 5 years for the damaged trees to return to the same level of production. Look out for dearer olive oil in Sainsburys!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2016\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks John, pic was taken on walk up to Selia (of which I have a couple of pics) but dare not try adding as my quota seems almost up. I think photo's are a great idea on the site as it gives newby's a better idea of Plakias. Roll on September for our next visit.
Dotty