Santa Maria
Submitted By: George Date: July 12, 2007, 01:57:54 PM Views: 1214

Stayed at the Santa Maria self catering apartments just once, large rooms at the front but beware the rooms at the back are a bit pokey with no balcony and a concrete wall as a view.
Well stocked apartment, cleaned regularly and there is a safe in the wardrobe that you can buy a key for.
Nice position, directly opposite the Irida and the best lawn in Plakias.
george g...

Rating: This article has not been rated yet.
Comments
Mike G
Regulars

View Profile WWW Email
May 22, 2008, 10:43:16 AM
I was very happy at Santa Maria. It is about 7 mins. walk from the bakery and main supermarket on the road to Lefkogia and 12-15 mins. walk to the far end. It lays back from the road (opposite Irida Studios and not far from the car wash) and there are 2 one bedroom apartments and 8 studios. In spite of what has been reported elsewhere they all have either private balcony or terrace. Those at the front have the best outlook. If you need them, air conditioning and safety deposit boxes can be had for 5€ and 1€ per day respectively. Studios are fairly basic (no TV for instance) but tick all the boxes for me (i.e. clean, well maintained, comfortable bed, basic kitchen equipment, fridge, sheets and decent sized towels changed twice weekly, and maid service 4-5 times a week). There was a kettle, iron and tea towel provided. A very nice gesture was a carafe of raki left for each studio/apartment. Two things I needed (bottle opener and more coat hangers) were immediately and very willingly provided. There was plenty of hot water and the owner was more than willing to use the electric water heating at any time.

If anyone wants to know any more please send me a personal message.