Author Topic: Going independent  (Read 5025 times)

Offline ray and irene

• View Profile
Going independent
« on: November 25, 2007, 11:43:47 AM »
Trying to go independent and would like some information on the cost of a taxi from Hereklion airport to Plakias.

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Going independent
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »
Quote from: ray and irene
Trying to go independent and would like some information on the cost of a taxi from Hereklion airport to Plakias.

Hello Ray and Irene, welcome to the site.  

If you look at Plakias Forums>Plakias>Holiday Companies there is a topic called Taxi/Car Hire from Heraklion Airport. This will probably give you all the information you need.
Good luck with your planning.

Peter&Dawn

Offline steven

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://members.ziggo.nl/steefbez/
    • Email
Going independent
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 05:29:01 PM »

It's about 80 Euro's
If you have an early flight, you could take a taxi to Heraklion bus station and then go by bus.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons became terribly excited.

Offline ray and irene

• View Profile
Going independent
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 07:22:14 PM »
Quote from: Peter&Dawn

Hello Ray and Irene, welcome to the site.  

If you look at Plakias Forums>Plakias>Holiday Companies there is a topic called Taxi/Car Hire from Heraklion Airport. This will probably give you all the information you need.
Good luck with your planning.

Peter&Dawn

thanks Peter& Dawn,
New to this Forum just trying to find our way round

Steven
Thanks, what is the distance from the Airport to the bus station
Ray

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Going independent
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 08:40:32 PM »
Steven
Thanks, what is the distance from the Airport to the bus station
Ray

Ray,

The price of 80 euro must be a special deal with taxis that are pre-booked from Plakias. I suspect that if you took a regular taxi from the airport, it would be much more.

Last year I paid 10 euro for a taxi from the airport into the centre of Heraklion, which was a bit further than to the bus station - this was late at night after the last bus had left. You have to take a bus from Heraklion to Rethymnon and another from Rethymnon to Plakias. There are only about 4 buses per day from Rethymnon to Plakias. The bus fare from Heraklion to Plakias will be about 15 euro per person.

If you are young and fit, and want to do things on the cheap, you can get a bus from the airport into Heraklion but beware it doesn't stop very near the bus station - it stops about 5-10 minutes walk away but I've done it dragging a suitcase.

Greecemad

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Going independent
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »
In 2006 and earlier years there was an information board in the arrivals hall at Heraklion displaying taxi prices and in 2006 I think it was €75, so the €80 already quoted sounds about right. I would confirm this with the driver before you commit yourself.

Mike

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Going independent
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 04:06:57 PM »
from Rowena on this thread

taxis etc thread

Quote from: Rowena & Carl
We often arrive at stupid hours the last 2 years due to delays. It's no problem to get a Taxi but I would suggest you pre book one from Plakias the guy we use is Eftihios his number is 00306973038202  he will charge 75 euro's probably 85 at those times.

Car hire not a problem either but pre book it from the UK, Contact the Alianthos in Plakias they can provide a hire car & driver to take you down to plakias which means there is no worrying about the drive late at night.

Hope thats useful

Rowena

and there's Zac, someone will have his number

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Going independent
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »
Zach number is in the article system under taxis (yes) recommended by me.

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?