login

Author Topic: 2003 news  (Read 4836 times)

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
2003 news
« on: April 19, 2003, 04:31:43 PM »
Well the season's started. Some lucky Olympic customers will be there already, First Choice getting going soon.
The solo travellers will be enjoying the walking and wildlife - and staying for Greek Easter if they are lucky!

Ken and Kathy seem to be the first of our regulars going - setting off next week. Hope you have a good trip - looking forward to the first of the 2003 news!
John - Ostraco

Offline Ken & Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
2003 news
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 12:22:20 PM »
 Thanks for your good wishes,we set off on Tuesday morning,flying with Monarch from Manchester,just looking forward to getting there and having our first Mythos or 2.We will be thinking about you all back home<well just a little bit>
Let you Know of any changes on our return.

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
2003 news
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2003, 05:29:31 PM »
Ah - Tuesday morning - not long now then!
Me ? Jealous ? - well of course!

I hear Mythos is available in the UK - but I'm sure, like Metaxa, it should be drunk only in Greece (never tastes the same at home!)

Looking forward to hearing what's going on - and checking it out in early June. But I'm going to miss chatting to you two when I arrive at the beach  

Kalo taxithi
John - Ostraco

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
2003 news
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 07:22:53 PM »
Dave and I have just moved to Plakias, came out on the 1st March.  Having been in love with the place for a few years, we decided to take the big step and took over the Agora Minimarket opposite the Yallia Kafenieon.  We're pleased to say after an atrocious spring the weather is finally improving.  The Flowers are lovely and there's been lots of interesting birds.  If anyone is passing the shop we would love to hear what's going on in the outside world, although it is very easier to forget that it exists.

Offline alison

• View Profile
    • Email
2003 news
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 11:59:33 AM »
Hi to everyone reading this message.

It's only just over a week until we arrive in Plakias for our first time. We can't wait.
Hello to Ali and Dave, as we are stopping self catering we will be visiting your mini-market to say hello and to pick up a few essentials!
How's the weather at the minute? Have been watching the forcast closely on tele-text and the temperature doesn't seem too good at the moment,we don't want a heat wave but the weather here is a bit wet at the moment so anything warm and sunny will be fine by us!
Will post any gossip we learn on our return from Plakias, will anyone else be there after the 9th of May?

Alison,Paul and little Luke........

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
2003 news
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 07:03:22 PM »
Ali and Dave - you made me jealous - was that the intention?  

I keep dreaming of making the move too - maybe one day!

It's great to have you as part of the board - we'll be able to keep well up to date! I try to keep in touch with Sharon at Ostraco - but she can't get her head around email!

I'll be out in a few weeks - so I'll be dropping in for a natter. We're staying at Dora (8 of us!) and use Kostas pool a lot - so we'll be near!

See you soon  
John - Ostraco

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
2003 news
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 04:21:45 PM »
Welcome Ali and Dave.  We look forward to meeting you in September.
Yvonne

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
2003 news
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 05:29:34 PM »
Well I got home about 6 hours ago - missing Plakias and the people already!

It was great to meet up with Ali and Dave - don't worry, their working by day has not diminished their capacity for Mythos: we spent many a happy hour putting the world to rights on Ostraco's balcony!

More postings soon - with all the gosssip - sorry, INFORMATION I can remember
John - Ostraco