login

Author Topic: New Development  (Read 25604 times)

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
New Development
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2007, 10:31:54 PM »
I wallked past the site this morning (yesterday as it's now after midnight). The sign looks as though as it's a big development but what they are doing so far is nothing to worry about considering other developments around the village. There is a new school that has built since i was last here - on one of the roads to  Damnoni

Greecemad

Offline paxmere

• View Profile
    • Email
New Development
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »
error
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:28:21 PM by paxmere »

Offline paxmere

• View Profile
    • Email
New Development
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2007, 10:26:50 PM »
Just returned from Plakias, I noticed further construction is going on around the area. One new building on the left as you drop down the hill into the village, before the church. Purpose unknown.
The one day I noticed a prepaired area opposite the bakery, in front of the Alianthos. A couple of days later a small porta cabin arrived and signs were fitted, although over three or four days I did not notice any selling staff whilst I was there, just electicains fitting out the cabin.
The cabin is promotomg a new development by Gasparakis Constrution. See www.gasparakisconstructions.com
This seems to be a development of thirteen houses out side Lefkogia, looking towards Plakias. So Plakias Panorarma was just the begining it seems!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:29:01 PM by paxmere »

Offline grahame

• View Profile
    • Email
New Development
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2007, 12:10:49 PM »
Quote from: paxmere
Just returned from Plakias, I noticed further construction is going on around the area. One new building on the left as you drop down the hill into the village, before the church. Purpose unknown.
The one day I noticed a prepaired area opposite the bakery, in front of the Alianthos. A couple of days later a small porta cabin arrived and signs were fitted, although over three or four days I did not notice any selling staff whilst I was there, just electicains fitting out the cabin.
The cabin is promotomg a new development by Gasparakis Constrution. See www.gasparakisconstructions.com
This seems to be a development of thirteen houses out side Lefkogia, looking towards Plakias. So Plakias Panorarma was just the begining it seems!!
I returned from Plakias yesterday. The new building before the church is going to be a carwash!
Even more worrying a waiter in Kri Kri was using a handheld to take orders!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:13:08 PM by grahame »

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Development
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2007, 08:34:56 PM »
Quote from: paxmere

I noticed two new buildings going up on the left.

Greecemad

Offline Doggie

• View Profile
    • Email
New Development
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »
Been back from Crete for two weeks now and it all seems like a distant dream but in fact it was our best holiday EVER in Crete.  I should explain that after years of Plakias holidays, the fields in front of the villa we've rented in Lefkogia for the past few years have been developed since our visit last June. When we realised that a major development adjacent to the"luxury villa Thymari" was in the offing, we decided it was time to move on and explore new parts of Crete. So this year we had one week in Gavalahori to sample the North coast and two weeks in Agia Galini. The heat wave and constant hot wind from the Libyan deserts that surprised us for a few days we even began to enjoy!

On the day we returned to Plakias to see Ikarus Jewellery studio in Sellia, Marcus in Candia, Sofia at Limani appartments et al. friends, we drove up the road opposite the gas station outside Lefkogia, took the first left then a right at the T junction to see our beloved villa again, but now totally drowned by a development of impressive looking stone built villas. The pool was empty and the villa looked deserted.

We set off for Shinaria where we've spent many happy sun filled hours over the years and even that didn't feel as it once did. We've now refound Liggres Beach, newly discovered Kommo, Farago and other South coat paradise beaches, new tavernas and music bars etc. and had a wonderful three weeks in this superb island.

Chatting to some of the Plakiots, we were really surprised that they didn't seem to want the expected growth in permanent residents which would have helped their businesses grow, but the opinions seemed to be that they were happy with the way things were and didn't want any change despite the feeling Ive had that Plakias is quieter now than when we started holidaying there. Anyway, I was told the plan is to have a permanent resident population of 4,000 in Plakias year round. So if that ain't change, what is? and will it be good or bad for Plakias?

We loved Ag. Galini and I hope that that doesn't upset the friends of Plakias and have us drummed off the forum. I still have a soft spot for Plakias and will follow the forum news as before. Plakias and Ag Galini. Each has it's own merits and each of us has our own holiday priorities and objectives! One thing Maree and I agree on totally, the South of Crete rather than the North coast, has a magic that stirs the soul and that is where we will always enjoy the fun, food, drink and friendship of Crete and Cretans.

Happy days and all the best

Doggie

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
New Development
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2007, 10:26:19 PM »
Doggie

sounds like you and Maree had a great time and that's the most important thing!  

I've never quite warmed to agia galini but to be honest i've never stayed over and probably should, i love the sign as you drive in which says 'welcome home'  

Ligres and kommos..beautiful beaches, great places to relax (ligres is fast becoming my favourite)

nice to hear that you went to see yanni in sellia, he made my wedding ring and we make sure we visit him (and his gorgeous wife) whenever we're in crete ( mandy has a nice collection of his silver now)

cheers

chris