login

Author Topic: 2012 Season  (Read 15335 times)

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2012 Season
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 11:58:43 AM »
Hi everyone,
Fredy is not working on the beach anymore. (had an email from Emma confirming it)  :( :(
He can still be found working in Vrisi restaurant, and of course at the Livicon after he has finished work.

We hope everyone planning to go to Plakias in 2012 will have a great time, unfortunately we will not be there again, as we are emigrating 'down under'.

Plakias holds a very special place in our hearts, and its George we must thank for that.
We will be back, don't know when, but our heart felt thanks to all our friends in Plakias who have made our stays over the years so enjoyable. (To Ali, Dave, Emma, Fredy, Dionysis & Georgia goes our special thanks, and appreciation for their friendship)

To everyone we met at the Forum dinners, please raise a glass (or 2) to absent friends in 2012.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous 2012.  :)

Peter&Dawn

P.S. We will still keep an eye on the forum, so we can still feel part of the community.

Hi Peter & Dawn,

Just a quick line to wish you all the best in Oz. I've visited quite a few times and am very envious.

Where you you settle?

Regards,

Mike

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 12:42:02 PM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for you comments,
We are moving to the Central Coast, NSW, somewhere around Gosford, about a hour or so North of Sydney, as close to the sea as we can get.
A location similar to the Livicon would suit us fine  ;D

Peter&Dawn

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »
Hi everyone,
Fredy is not working on the beach anymore. (had an email from Emma confirming it)  :( :(
He can still be found working in Vrisi restaurant, and of course at the Livicon after he has finished work.

We hope everyone planning to go to Plakias in 2012 will have a great time, unfortunately we will not be there again, as we are emigrating 'down under'.

Plakias holds a very special place in our hearts, and its George we must thank for that.
We will be back, don't know when, but our heart felt thanks to all our friends in Plakias who have made our stays over the years so enjoyable. (To Ali, Dave, Emma, Fredy, Dionysis & Georgia goes our special thanks, and appreciation for their friendship)

To everyone we met at the Forum dinners, please raise a glass (or 2) to absent friends in 2012.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous 2012.  :)

Peter&Dawn

P.S. We will still keep an eye on the forum, so we can still feel part of the community.

It's a long way to go to get away from George!

I hope it works out for you.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »
Bl**dy good riddance I say!!  ;) ;D

george...

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
Bl**dy good riddance I say!!  ;) ;D

george...

Nice to know who your mates are...... ::)
He'll miss us really...... :'( :'(

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 01:04:56 AM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for you comments,
We are moving to the Central Coast, NSW, somewhere around Gosford, about a hour or so North of Sydney, as close to the sea as we can get.

Peter&Dawn

Don't know it. I've done Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

My wife's late uncle used to live in Ocean Grove about an hour out of Melbourne, but he wasn't placed as well as the Livicon!

Mike

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »
Hi
I used to live in Lithgow in the Blue Mountains NSW when I was younger. I should go back one day to take a look.
Daveos.

PS
Is any one else there in June / July
Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline syd1138

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »
booked for 2012, 2 weeks in June, staying at the Irida :D can't wait to get back for a cold Mythos!

only problem is, what with this being a leap year, got a whole extra day to wait! ;)

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »

Peter&Dawn

Hi,

We have booked today for 10 July (a change from our usual August slot).  We look forward to meeting new forum friends, and will certainly raise a glass to you, Peter and Dawn.  We missed you in the Livicon last year, and now will have to continue to miss you... Good luck in your new life in Australia.

Arnaki

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »
just booked for 2 weeks in June, 2nd visit to Plakias, first visit was last year and couldn't wait to get back :-D

registered just to say ta very much to the forum for all the useful advice i've received by lurking around, i also put together a video of my holiday snaps of last year if anyone wants a quick fix, - see if you can guess what excursions i went on ;-)

it's over 10 mins long so I don't mind if you fast forward!

cheers
Just watched your video: great photos and a great way of presenting them. I recognised a few places - you certainly made the most of your trip.  :)

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »
Hi all We're going in June for the first time in about 25 years. done it independently and staying in Alianthos Studios. Can't wait.......particularly as it's pouring down outside!

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »
Finally - The boss said ok and were comming to Plakias 22 May for 2 weeks- counting the days :) :) :) - Anyone else there then or is the beach all ours? Daza

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for you comments,

Peter&Dawn

Don't know it. I've done Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

My wife's late uncle used to live in Ocean Grove about an hour out of Melbourne, but he wasn't placed as well as the Livicon!

Mike

Just a quick message to Pete and Dawn. Their leaving the UK this evening for their new life in Aus.
Kali Taxidi guys and best wishes for the next four years and beyond. You'll be missed in Plakias by your numerous new friends and hopefully you'll remember us all and the fact that I introduced Plakias to you. Keep in touch OK?

george...XX

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
Just a quick message to Pete and Dawn. Their leaving the UK this evening for their new life in Aus.
Kali Taxidi guys and best wishes for the next four years and beyond. You'll be missed in Plakias by your numerous new friends and hopefully you'll remember us all and the fact that I introduced Plakias to you. Keep in touch OK?

george...XX

All the best, don't forget to drop in now and then and let us know how it is all going.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:18 PM »
Yes, all the best and don't forget us!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?