login

Author Topic: Where to eat?  (Read 62217 times)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
You must know these Guys very well Mandy, I getting the impression that you are perfect for a wind up.

george g

Mandy Harrison

Where to eat?
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
Quote from: Mike G
It's a very nice photo at the Kostas Chrysoulla bar. Trouble is, it is looking the worse for wear, having been there several years and the booklet it is included in has been thumbed through often.

Mike

ever checked out sweetwater bay on the captains site?

nice goats  

cptn barefoot

I am sure the photo at KC Bar is well worn by now - bit like me   best thing about Sweetwater is the goats as my darling husband kindly points out  

Quote from: George
You must know these Guys very well Mandy, I getting the impression that you are perfect for a wind up.

george g

Georgie - dont be fooled.  I can be very astute as well as feisty  

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2006, 03:37:54 PM »
Quote from: Mandy Harrison

i often think of you as a stute  ( is that spelldid wright?)

and i still think them goats look frightened!

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2006, 03:45:10 PM »
Your'e a woman Mandy... I hope!

Anyway... 'Places to Eat'

to be continued...

george g...

Mandy Harrison

Where to eat?
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2006, 03:58:15 PM »
Quote from: Mandy Harrison

i often think of you as a stute  ( is that spelldid wright?)

and i still think them goats look frightened!

Them goats like me - and especially digestive biscuits!

Your'e a woman Mandy... I hope!

Anyway... 'Places to Eat'

to be continued...

george g...

Talk about off the subject - all this talk about goats and the like  Places to eat...my vote is the Kastro - fab walnut pie and ice cream - my favourite.

Offline toma2

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - tomera1@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - toma2@start.no
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2006, 10:29:35 PM »
Quote from: toma2
Interesting reply, I'm getting worried Chris, Do you keep her on a lead?

george g...

Hmmm...... Isn't there a slight difference between "posh" and "pooch"?  

Tom

That's not nice, I'll stick to posh until I know better  

Go Girl...    

george g...

George

I feel that I have been misunderstood here. It is of cause my fault (blame me, blame me). I strongly question even the thought that a woman could be kept on a lead. Only pooches should suffer such degradation. Posh birds like Mandy should forever roam free and unrestricted through the world. Their choice of company is not my concern, even if they choose to to be surrounded by goats.

Hmm..    Now everybody, please do not misunderstand that last sentence.

Tom

Offline peter gyros

• View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2006, 11:19:03 AM »
Interesting reply, I'm getting worried Chris, Do you keep her on a lead?

george g...

Hmmm...... Isn't there a slight difference between "posh" and "pooch"?  

Tom

That's not nice, I'll stick to posh until I know better  

Go Girl...    

george g...

George

I feel that I have been misunderstood here. It is of cause my fault (blame me, blame me). I strongly question even the thought that a woman could be kept on a lead. Only pooches should suffer such degradation. Posh birds like Mandy should forever roam free and unrestricted through the world. Their choice of company is not my concern, even if they choose to to be surrounded by goats.

Hmm..    Now everybody, please do not misunderstand that last sentence.

Tom

Sounds like a few too many Mythos.
Hello i'm new to the forum (Peter Gyros). Went to Plakias for 2 weeks on 27th June and had a fab time despite wind, spot of rain and the fires (see photo).  Tried lots of the recommended tavernas etc and our faves were:

Kastro - Great view and lovely specials. Their Koukovagia was the best in town and the boss looks a bit like Colombo

Taverna on corner of road at Damnoni (see photo)- very nice setting beneath the tamarisk trees and tasty stuffes eggplants and the waiter looked like a tubby George Clooney.

Siroko ( i think thats it's name) - fish taverna. Really friendly/bonkers staff and the sardines were delish as well as fried aubergine and garlic

The Gyros place a few doors down from Lamon Hotel. The best lunches with a super view of the beach and sea. Went there at least 6 times and had the same each time. Tzatziki, tomato and cucumber salad, a chicken pitta and pitta gyros, 1 mythos and 1 retsina - sublime. We reckon they have the best gyros in Greece!

The coffee shop next door had me drooling. Baklava and ice cream for breakfast - am i in heaven? And for the celebrity lookalike section; our waiter looked like George Michael.

We also came across the Kafenion which does the best local jug white wine that we tried in the area and they're really friendly and you get a meze with your drinks. We have vague memories of telling Alison what a great job she was doing and saying we were going to write her a poem. Can't remember getting walking back to Lamon. I bet she's glad we left when we did.

Also had a great lunch at Lappa where the avocado shop is situated. See photo hopefully it will make it through.

Yammas

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2006, 05:20:17 PM »
   probably too few mythos! we're all missing plakias

welcome to the forum Peter, it sounds like you had a great time and i can almost taste that salad you're eating! I have got to agree with most of your recomendations, although we didn't make the siroko this year

We also came across the Kafenion which does the best local jug white wine that we tried in the area and they're really friendly and you get a meze with your drinks.

so where is this place? sounds damn good!

cheers

chris

Offline peter gyros

• View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »
  probably too few mythos! we're all missing plakias

welcome to the forum Peter, it sounds like you had a great time and i can almost taste that salad you're eating! I have got to agree with most of your recomendations, although we didn't make the siroko this year

We also came across the Kafenion which does the best local jug white wine that we tried in the area and they're really friendly and you get a meze with your drinks.

so where is this place? sounds damn good!

cheers

chris
the kafenion is opposite Alison and Daves supermarket on the same street as a diving centre shop if i remember rightly. Worth trying their ouzo carafe as well as the barrel white too.

Peter Gyros

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2006, 08:53:14 PM »
Quote from: peter gyros
the kafenion is opposite Alison and Daves supermarket on the same street as a diving centre shop if i remember rightly. Worth trying their ouzo carafe as well as the barrel white too.

Peter Gyros

ah!  i know the place, right next to the entrance to Zorbas (K-C) apartments

i'll have to try a glass or two in september  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 08:53:35 PM by harribobs »

Offline John & Zell

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2006, 11:52:53 AM »
Hi Peter ???????????(D----N)
Whats with the name?
Anyway glad you took my advice and joined the Forum,
Many thanks for the pleasure of your company at the LAMON
You didn't mention the late nights (or should that be early mornings)
or are they just a blur?
All the best to you & M---N  
John & Zell

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2006, 12:04:10 PM »
Hi Peter

Good to hear from you, I didn't realise it was the wine talking when you said I was the best rep you had ever had  .  And where is the poem??

When you come back next time, you'll have to eat in the kafeneion, personally I think it's some of the best food in the village (but that's talking as a veggie so don't know about the meat etc)

Ali

Offline peter gyros

• View Profile
    • Email
Where to eat?
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave
Hi Peter

Good to hear from you, I didn't realise it was the wine talking when you said I was the best rep you had ever had  .  And where is the poem??

When you come back next time, you'll have to eat in the kafeneion, personally I think it's some of the best food in the village (but that's talking as a veggie so don't know about the meat etc)

Ali

Rightyho
Hi John and Zell
It was good to meet you both, hope you're enjoying the heatwave back home
yes i admit there were 1 or 14 evenings where the odd small sweet sherry was imbibed which certainly made cycling up the gorge hard work - i think i sweated out a carafe of ouzo every half hour
as for the name - well it's one of my favourite dishes

Hi Ali
You are the best rep we've had. Today it will surprise you i'm sober!
We had to drink the wine as we're normally so shy!?
will get my better half to send the sonnet

Best regards all round
peter/pitta

Offline micheledaniele

• MSN Messenger - michele_steyls@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Where to eat?
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »
Hello,

There are many many nice places where to eat very well in Plakias and surroundings it depends of course of what you want : meat, fish, looking at the sea, or eat quietly in a nice garden ...
I change every day according to the weather (windy or not), my mood etc ...
My favourite until now are : Manoussos, very good, peaceful, Christos at the harbour, Sirocco near the harbour wonderful view and good food, Tavernaki (they recently changed of name it was a waiter of TassoManoli who opened his own restaurant), café Néon, and many others ...
But what I like most is the one in the mountains (I forget always the name unbelievable and I live here 2 years) it's in fact frequented mostly by Greek people and you go in the kitchen to do your menu ....

Offline MickH

• View Profile
Where to eat?
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2008, 01:09:27 AM »
Hi all I'm new to this forum but thought that I'd like to add my comments about my experience of the last week in Plakias. I read several pages from this and other sites and as a first time visitor to the area set out to form my own opinions. I had one bad meal in the whole week which was from Manoussos. The place looks great, wonderful atmosphere, the service relaxed but comfortable but the food was terrible. I'm not really one for causing a stir but if I had been served this meal in the UK I would have refused to pay for it. My wifes mixed grill plate consisted of a small sausage, a wafer thin lamb chop and a strip of overcooked pork rind plus the cheapest tasteless frozen beefburger one could imagine, served with a mountain of undercooked frozen chips. I would have thought that a customer leaving 75% of their meal might have prompted the waiter to ask if there was a problem but not last night.

On the positive side the best experience for us was Kastros, nice food and wine with a nice view, fantastic.

Best alround for value and service, Mouses