Author Topic: Samaria Gorge the Hard Way !  (Read 2190 times)

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
Samaria Gorge the Hard Way !
« on: May 27, 2014, 06:46:53 PM »
Hi.....could someone in Plakias....or someone who's going out soon....let me know if the Samaria the Hard Way (the long walk from top to bottom) excursion is being run this year and, if so, how much and which day ? Have been challenged to do this to celebrate my 50th birthday and there could be some sponsorship for my local food association riding on it ! Many thanks.

Offline Rogataber

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Samaria Gorge the Hard Way !
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
Hi.....could someone in Plakias....or someone who's going out soon....let me know if the Samaria the Hard Way (the long walk from top to bottom) excursion is being run this year and, if so, how much and which day ? Have been challenged to do this to celebrate my 50th birthday and there could be some sponsorship for my local food association riding on it ! Many thanks.

As far as I can recalled walking from the bottom to the top is the HARD way!

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:17:52 PM »
Maybe.....but did most of that on my 40th !.......am now looking to do the long version.

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 09:05:02 AM »
Jackie, do you mean that you did the walk from the ferry  to the "iron gates" last time or all the way to the top at Omalos?

Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »
We managed just beyond the iron gates but really want to experience the top of the Gorge.........OK....nothing unusual I know but at the time I didn't realise I had a major back problem so...for me....it was a real achievement...and it was during a particularly hot week !