login

Author Topic: First Visit  (Read 7986 times)

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
First Visit
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 09:20:05 PM »
This is severely tempting fate, but for the past 6 years we have had zero problems with First Choice - except for the variability of their reps - which hasn't affected us anyway (just one very poor one). Basically nothing so far has ever gone wrong but the test is really how they would cope if anything does go wrong and I hope we don't have to find out. Their reputation in the industry seems to be not too brilliant, but for us they happen to fly to the right place (Plakias) with - for us - perfect accommodation (Stella) and from our local airport down the road (Newcastle) all at a very reasonable price (£454 for two weeks for two of us, late September). The night flights are a bind but it is worth putting up with that for the price and in particular the flight from a local regional airport. The flights alone from up here in the North would exceed the cost of the complete holiday which also includes transfers so there is no scope for us going it alone.

John R

Offline Jaffa

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
First Visit
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2004, 09:21:45 PM »
This is the first time I've posted, so I hope it works. We've always used First Choice and have always been ok. Cheap and cheerful and worth the overnight travelling and that painful early morning airport transfer on the journey home! See some of you in Ostraco's no doubt. 20 days and counting.

Offline dogwalker

• View Profile
    • Email
First Visit
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 07:35:17 AM »
We used Argo Holidays (found on an internet search).
Stayed at the Apollo self catering 4-18 May. £309 each flying from Manchester at 0600 & from Heraklion at 1300.
The only downside is you then have to add taxi transfer at £109.00.
As we had planned to hire a car for a week we decided to make it 2 weeks starting & ending at the airport, so the taxi transfer went towards the car hire.
Total for the holiday was £970 for 2 people and 2 weeks car hire which we thought was not bad.
Next time we go I'm thinking of booking a cheap short notice holiday to anywhere on Crete and tell them we don't want the accomodation. Hire a car at the airport and then use "rent rooms" and spend 3 or 4 days at different places.
We could not fault Argo at all. Flights were with Air Malta, on time and the roomiest aircraft we have ever flown (Airbus 320 I think it was). I think they use Excel Airline later in the year.
All in all a really good holiday with no snags.