login

Author Topic: Kostas Chrysoullis  (Read 14769 times)

Offline dean

• View Profile
Kostas Chrysoullis
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
Missed out on Plakias last year so keen to go back this year. The 2009 Olympic brochure doesn't feature Kostas-C, just the Labyrinth Studios which seem a bit of the beaten track. Also tried Kosmar but they are no longer with us as they were part of XL.

Anyone know of any other companies doing Kostas-C or anywhere in the centre of town or are we going to have to make our own package this year.

Cheers

Dean

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »
hi Dean

it still seems available on line

KC studios

chris

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »
Quote from: dean
Missed out on Plakias last year so keen to go back this year. The 2009 Olympic brochure doesn't feature Kostas-C, just the Labyrinth Studios which seem a bit of the beaten track. Also tried Kosmar but they are no longer with us as they were part of XL.

Anyone know of any other companies doing Kostas-C or anywhere in the centre of town or are we going to have to make our own package this year.

Cheers

Dean
The version I have has KC, Dora, Santa Maria, and the Alianthos hotels. There is a member of this forum of the same name (click on "Members" above, type in "Kostas" and the details appear). You could send a personal message as I'm sure they take private bookings.

Mike

alan

Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:24:06 PM »
Does anybody know ck website address as Olympic will not book without flight.

Thanks.

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 07:53:22 PM »
Quote from: alan
Does anybody know ck website address as Olympic will not book without flight.

Thanks.

Try this website:
http://costas-chrysoula.kreta-sun.com/index-en.html

Offline Shaz

• View Profile
    • Email
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »
Hi

We booked this accommodation last year through Anso Travel:

Anso Travel Services
740 60 Plakias
Rethymno Prefecture of Crete
Greece

Anso Travel has 2 offices in Plakias – Crete:

Anso Travel OFFICE 1: Tel: +30 28320 31712, Fax: +30 28320 31713, Mobile: +30 6944 755 712
Anso Travel OFFICE 2: Tel: +30 28320 20052, Fax: +30 28320 20053, Mobile: +30 6947 152 208

e-mail:  info@ansovillas.com  or anso@ansotravel.com

Very helpful, also have lots of other accomodation...... ask for Lucia (lovely lady, very helpful)

Sharon

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 09:12:36 AM »
Quote from: Shaz
Hi

We booked this accommodation last year through Anso Travel:

Anso Travel Services
740 60 Plakias
Rethymno Prefecture of Crete
Greece

Anso Travel has 2 offices in Plakias – Crete:

Anso Travel OFFICE 1: Tel: +30 28320 31712, Fax: +30 28320 31713, Mobile: +30 6944 755 712
Anso Travel OFFICE 2: Tel: +30 28320 20052, Fax: +30 28320 20053, Mobile: +30 6947 152 208

e-mail:  info@ansovillas.com  or anso@ansotravel.com

Very helpful, also have lots of other accomodation...... ask for Lucia (lovely lady, very helpful)

Sharon

Hi all,
Just wondering if any former Olympic user can tell me if KC supply hairdryers in the rooms?

Dotty
Dotty

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »
Quote from: DOTTY
Hi all,
Just wondering if any former Olympic user can tell me if KC supply hairdryers in the rooms?

Dotty
Simple answer: YES!

However, ours was wired directly into the wall ... or should have been, if there had been any screws in the faceplate!

If you can ignore standard Greek electrical installation, it's powerful enough to dry a full head of hair in a few minutes.  The boss had no complaints.

Personally, my hair was dry after sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine .... but there isn't much of it.
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »
Quote from: Chas
Quote from: DOTTY
Hi all,

Dotty
Simple answer: YES!

However, ours was wired directly into the wall ... or should have been, if there had been any screws in the faceplate!

If you can ignore standard Greek electrical installation, it's powerful enough to dry a full head of hair in a few minutes.  The boss had no complaints.

Personally, my hair was dry after sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine .... but there isn't much of it.

Thanks for that Chas   Less to carry now.   More room for suntan cream.

Dotty
Dotty

Offline StephenIcarus

• View Profile
    • Email
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »
Solid two thumbs up for Kostas Chrysoullis from a new forum member (hi folks!), long time lurker, first time poster.  

We're just back from a fortnight in Crete, 5 nights of which we spent in Plakias, in the Ouranus (-chuckle-) Studios end of the operation.  

We'd booked directly by e-mail after much browsing on this site and others, and ended up in a truly massive one-bedroom, one-livingroom/kitchenette apartment with both E and W facing balconies, that could easily have slept 5, and probably 8 if there had been more beds.  Beds were comfortable, especially the fold-out double, fridge and hob were decent, doors and windows were sturdy and the west-facing balcony (overlooking the Miniokos taverna) was enormous.  East facing balcony was smaller but had a sea view, and a great view of the Far End cliffs.  A bit short on furnishings (which only made it seem larger), but very clean and well finished.  

Only possible negatives were that the cleaning staff were distinctly over-enthusiastic (Is 9am really the best time to clean holiday accommodation every single day?  Sleepy pregnant wife was not amused),  there were only three working lightbulbs in the place (but with a bit of ingenuity that was enough) and there seemed to be a lot of late-night cars screeching past at implausible speeds for such a tiny road (which at least stopped us getting homesick) .  We've done a lot of traveling all over Greece, and Ouranus ranked very highly indeed, if you'll pardon the expression.

The apartment was just a minute from the main Kostas Chrysoullis 'complex', where we and our toddler throughly enjoyed the small but deliciously cold and astonishingly deep pool, a good (inclusive) buffet breakfast and a very friendly mix of staff and guests.  Best of all, it's only 2 minutes walk to the front and beach.  

Oh, and it's in Plakias, which could conceivably make a cardboard box seem appealing.

PS Edit:  Sincere thanks to everyone on this thread and others for their advice and observations.  Planning a trip with a  toddler and pregnant missus can be a bit of a worry, but this community helped me make a good decision in going to both Plakias and Ouranus Studios.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:41:10 PM by StephenIcarus »

Offline Cabbyman

• View Profile
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
Nice place to stay, very basic but clean.  Barman, Angelo, must be about the best in the business!

Kostas was a little down with the end of the season coming. I was shocked when he told me what Olympic pay him for each room. He wants to improve facilities but needs the money to do it!  Good luck to him in the future.

Will be going back!

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »
Quote from: Cabbyman
Nice place to stay, very basic but clean.  Barman, Angelo, must be about the best in the business!

Kostas was a little down with the end of the season coming. I was shocked when he told me what Olympic pay him for each room. He wants to improve facilities but needs the money to do it!  Good luck to him in the future.

Will be going back!
I'd always assumed this was about €10 (or maybe slightly less) per apartment per night. Am I close? The upside is that he has that guaranteed for each apartment Olympic is contracted for over the whole ca. 6 month season and bearing in mind that although Kostas Chrysoulla is of a generally acceptable standard it probably isn't in the top bracket. I wonder what occupancy rate he could achieve on the open independent market himself, when presumably he would be charging €30 or so per apartment per night. I guess he has done the sums and Olympic is the better option especially with a good barman to generate significant profits from a high occupancy rate.

From what I saw when last at KC there must be around 70 apartments there with Olympic taking about 50.

Mike

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »
Quote from: Mike G

Will be going back!
I'd always assumed this was about €10 (or maybe slightly less) per apartment per night. Am I close? The upside is that he has that guaranteed for each apartment Olympic is contracted for over the whole ca. 6 month season and bearing in mind that although Kostas Chrysoulla is of a generally acceptable standard it probably isn't in the top bracket. I wonder what occupancy rate he could achieve on the open independent market himself, when presumably he would be charging €30 or so per apartment per night. I guess he has done the sums and Olympic is the better option especially with a good barman to generate significant profits from a high occupancy rate.

From what I saw when last at KC there must be around 70 apartments there with Olympic taking about 50.

Mike

A problem for the owners, when dealing with tour companies, is cash flow and the potential for bad debts. It is unusual for the season’s rents to be paid until after the season’s end. In fact, when XL went under in September last year, Kosmar had not paid the 2007 rents, let alone 2008.

Also, it is rare for a tour company’s block booked allocation to be truly “guaranteed”, there is normally a get out clause, which is why you regularly hear of overbooking, particularly by Spanish hotels, when there are expectations of a slow season.

Offline Gemma1

• View Profile
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 05:08:58 PM »

Will be going back!

Must agree with you about Angelo, he makes everybody feel so welcome and it made so much difference when I went back to Plakias on my own this year knowing there was somewhere I could go for a drink and meet up with an old 'friend'.  I stayed at the Dora this time as I wanted somewhere a bit quieter with better views (we were on the ground floor in the room next to the bar when I went with my partner to the Kostas last year) but it was great to be able to use all pool and bar at the Kostas.  Not sure how many rooms Olympic have on their allocation but I know that at least one other tour operator use them though they're not from the UK and you can also book direct.  If I go back to Plakias with my partner we'd definitely stay at the Kostas again and go back to see Angelo.

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kostas Chrysoullis
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 10:57:42 PM »
Quote from: Gemma1

Will be going back!

Must agree with you about Angelo, he makes everybody feel so welcome and it made so much difference when I went back to Plakias on my own this year knowing there was somewhere I could go for a drink and meet up with an old 'friend'.  I stayed at the Dora this time as I wanted somewhere a bit quieter with better views (we were on the ground floor in the room next to the bar when I went with my partner to the Kostas last year) but it was great to be able to use all pool and bar at the Kostas.  Not sure how many rooms Olympic have on their allocation but I know that at least one other tour operator use them though they're not from the UK and you can also book direct.  If I go back to Plakias with my partner we'd definitely stay at the Kostas again and go back to see Angelo.

Hi Gemma1 I fully agree with you and hope to meet you again next year both at Kostas and Muses,
Dotty