Author Topic: Two-bedroom apartment  (Read 4620 times)

Offline JaneGary

• View Profile
    • Email
Two-bedroom apartment
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:41:14 PM »
Returning to Plakias last week in October to experience what it's like end of season. Posted before trying to find a larger  apartment for 4 but all seem to have one bedroom and convertible bed in the living room rather than two bedrooms. This tends not to suit as unlike on work days at home I am up at the crack of dawn and would disturb our teenage kids who have discovered how to lie in. Any ideas? Also what can we expect in terms of weather, places being open etc? We have always been previously end of May/beginning of June. Thanks.

Offline B.Edelsten

• View Profile
    • Email
Two-bedroom apartment
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:25:21 AM »
Quote from: JaneGary
Returning to Plakias last week in October to experience what it's like end of season. Posted before trying to find a larger  apartment for 4 but all seem to have one bedroom and convertible bed in the living room rather than two bedrooms. This tends not to suit as unlike on work days at home I am up at the crack of dawn and would disturb our teenage kids who have discovered how to lie in. Any ideas? Also what can we expect in terms of weather, places being open etc? We have always been previously end of May/beginning of June. Thanks.

One year in the middle of October, we took our teenagers to Elgini Studios using rooms 3 and 4 which have a common front door. They did not appreciate not being in the centre or even near (by their standards) Plakias though it is ony a 30 minute walk. The weather in October is variable - quite possibly rain on a few days so be prepared to be stuck in doors (take some cards) and the temperature will be "cool" compared to May/June - still warmer than here though and a fine temperature for walking. A number of  establishments are winding down and some may be shut - but still plenty of choice. I hope that helps.

http://www.edelsten.org.uk/images/images.htm
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:27:29 AM by B.Edelsten »

Offline greekblue

• View Profile
    • Email
Two-bedroom apartment
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 04:09:05 PM »

Try Morpheas Apartments on the front overlooking the sea. They have 2 bedroom family apartments with the other bedroom on an upper floor. They also have a well-equipped kitchen incl. a washing machine in the family apartments, although we only had a studio for 2 when we visited in Sept.

Cheers
greekblue

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Two-bedroom apartment
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 07:30:12 PM »

Try http://www.ansotravel.com/crete/studios-ap...ts-plakias.html
The apartments have two bedrooms.

We had good experiences with Ansotravel.

Kerstin

Offline JaneGary

• View Profile
    • Email
Two-bedroom apartment
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 09:44:55 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Stayed at Calma appartments last week. Very nice: modern, spacious with 2 bedrooms as we wished and the best shower I have had in 27 years of going to Greece! Nice people too.

Gary

Offline albertdiver

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Two-bedroom apartment
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:32:17 PM »

There is some live going on, since more and more expats own a house in the area. For sure there are places with 2 bedrooms. Have a look at my website and I have some great offers for long term staying

www.winterincrete.com