login

Author Topic: Anyone in?  (Read 7518 times)

Offline cornucopia

• View Profile
Anyone in?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »
I was caught up in the XL affair, flying in on the 5th of September, due to fly back on the 20th, them going bust on the 12th, so I was stranded. Managed to book an easyJet flight back on the 20th so fine, but it cost me an extra 350 euros. It was booked on the credit card and I should be covered - put the claim in as soon as I got back but they did say it might take three months (it's been a month so far). A bit of contact, they've wanted a few bits of extra paperwork above just the tickets and receipts but it sounds as though it will be okay.

Hopefully, the refund will coincide with easyJet publishing next summer's schedule and I can do the whole thing all over again...

Seriously though, Crete is a pretty good place for that sort of thing to happen - Nikos Kazantzakis might not exactly be Heathrow or O'Hare, but compared to say Lesbos or Mykonos airports, there are plenty of options for geting back in an emergency.

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone in?
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 10:09:20 AM »
Quote from: Mike G
The "XL" affair has made me more than ever want to stick with Olympic, in spite of the limited accommodation choice. I would be interested to hear whether any affected by the demise of XL managed to claim on their holiday insurance. I checked my policy but couldn't see any section that would cover such an eventuality.

Mike

We were due to fly out on XL on the 16th. I had paid by Barclaycard and sent in a claim before we left on another flight on the 19th. The week after we returned, all the payments to XL had been credited to our account, so the system seems to work well with Barclays, at least.

Repayment doesn't get you a new flight, of course, and I had a hectic couple of hours finding something, which was less convenient and cost me an extra £140, but we did get our holiday!

Mike

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Anyone in?
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: John R

We enjoyed our stay at Plakias.- enhanced with our Ruby wedding anniversary celebrated with good friends at Medousa. We can't thank our friends and Babis and family enough for making it a very special occasion - including dressing up one corner of the Taverna especially for our benefit. Our Son flew out especially for the occasion and he was smitten with Plakias.
John R

Hi John

pleased to hear the celebration went well, but still disappointed we missed it!

cheers

chris